Alcatel ip touch 4028 -Hardreset- unable to Telnet

IP and Voice over IP
Hans

Re: Alcatel ip touch 4028 -Hardreset- unable to Telnet

Post by Hans »

I do have a similar problem - I think, but I am not experienced with configuring phones.
I got this phone from the company I work for (they are throwing away all fixed phones). I want to use it as stand-alone phone. When I start the phone, it displays "no ethernet link". Pressing i and # gives "Enter Password", but neither 0000, 1234, 1515, thales do not work, so I expect that the company has changed it to some secret password.
Can you explain me how to reset the set? I've connected it via the router on port "lan" on the phone, and also tried port "PC". It goes through the steps 5/5 but of course does not get connection (I am not in the company network anymore).
Do I have to connect it to my PC directly to do a factory reset? Do I need to use a cross cable for this? (preferably not, I do not have one here).
I do not get into the industrial mode. The lights are flashing after pressing 123 and i, but then it goes back to the 2/5 step... How to continue?

Thanks in advance, your input will be very helpful for me!
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by cavagnaro »

Without an OXE/OXO simply won't work
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
Hans

Post by Hans »

Thanks for your quick reply, cavagnaro. Do you mean I cannot use the phone as stand alone (do I really need something like an OmniPCX)? Are there any other options available?
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

On some models (search the forum) you can convert to sip mode and use on asterisk for example (search the how-to on the forum). Nonñ other way as many other phones, are propetary to their pbx manufacturer.
morio

Post by morio »

hi,
can some one tell me where is the i key in 8028 or in any of the 8xxx series are?

Return to “IP / VoIP”