Problem when calling a pilot , with caller on other line.

doc_Hollidey

Problem when calling a pilot , with caller on other line.

Post by doc_Hollidey »

Dear all,
What configuration I need to change if I want to be able to calla pilot number when I have caller in other line?
Example:
Ext 1001 calls extension 1002 - line one is used, If any of the extensions 1001 or 1002 dials a pilot number on second line, the only option is blind transfer. However if regular extension is dialled on the second line, the call is connected on second line and person on first line is on hold.
We are using Alcatel OXE Release 12.
Thank you.
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Problem when calling a pilot , with caller on other line.

Post by vad »

You want - usual user dial pilot number (call to call center) and put this line on hold? For what reason?
sadim

Post by sadim »

Hi,
I'm not sure that I understood the problem correctly, but check how is the parameter supervised transfer configured under the pilot configuration.
BRegards
Sadim
doc_Hollidey

Post by doc_Hollidey »

vad wrote: 04 Jul 2022 23:28 You want - usual user dial pilot number (call to call center) and put this line on hold? For what reason?
We don't use pilots for call centers only. We use them to be able to configure time slices for different departments workinghours, track number of calls etc.
Imagine the following scenario - someone from switchboard gets a call with enquiry, and the operator puts the first call on hold, and calls receptions pilot to get some information. At the moment the operators(or any user) don't have that option, they can blind transfer to pilot. We don't want to pass back and forward callers from one department to another.
doc_Hollidey

Post by doc_Hollidey »

sadim wrote: 05 Jul 2022 03:55 Hi,
I'm not sure that I understood the problem correctly, but check how is the parameter supervised transfer configured under the pilot configuration.
BRegards
Sadim
I have, and this doesn't give theese rights. Regardles if it is enabled or disabled it always sais "Please hang up to transfer the call"
doc_Hollidey

Post by doc_Hollidey »

Here is an update.
If i set"Pilot routing flag" field to "yes", which enables the CSTA routing services, I can call a pilot with another number on hold on my other line.
So far so good,
I am not sure what exactly CSTA protocol is for, but will search for documentation.
Anyone that can explain in simple words is more than welcome!

Thank you!

Return to “Beginner's questions about the (4400 / Enterprise) PHONE APPLICATION or OPERATING SYSTEM”