OXE OMS on vmware

Dear Santa, I'd like a OXE virtualization on my PC. Can you help ?
morio

OXE OMS on vmware

Post by morio »

hello and hope every one is doing well,
i have been trying to install OMS (Virtual GD) in a vmware. seems everything installs in order but when i type in the omsconfig command its not recognized.

[root@vm-oms2 oms]#
[root@vm-oms2 oms]#
[root@vm-oms2 oms]# omsconfig
If 'omsconfig' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
cnf omsconfig
[root@vm-oms2 oms]# ^C
[root@vm-oms2 oms]#
[root@vm-oms2 oms]# cnf omsconfig
omsconfig: command not found
[root@vm-oms2 oms]#

i even got a small article from ALE support with the same issue but it didnt help. so if there is any one can help it will be a great stress re leaver for me.
thanks in advance

regards
Morio
Konstantinos.E
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: OXE OMS on vmware

Post by Konstantinos.E »

did you installed the oms with SOT ?
Alca_holic
morio

Post by morio »

hi there Konstantinos.E,, yes i did install it by using SOT _3.1.009.008. created the .ova and run it with the vemware 16 pro and with vmware 16 player. but still the same problem. any hints?

thanks
Konstantinos.E

Post by Konstantinos.E »

srange... is your network interface up?
Alca_holic
morio

Post by morio »

hello, yes its is up and i can ping the ip which i provided during the sot installation. has your installations been successful? did you also do it by using sot. can it me that i have missed out some detail during installation. as what it seems it looks like the OMS is not fully installed in my case. any advice?

thanks.
sadim

Post by sadim »

Hi,
I think only the OS was installed, the post-installation is missing. You can try to do the installation of the OMS itself, using the procedure described in the document im_instalmanual_8AL91032ENBA_2_en.pdf pag 266 - 7. Mount the OXE-MS iso file in the virtual machine:
But be aware that there is a mistake on it, you should to chmod -R a+x ./oms/ and not chmod -R a+x ./tmp/
morio

Post by morio »

hello sadim,
finally i got it running, i downloaded the latest sot and the oms file. and i ran the sot with template. i dont know if that was the issue,, and i also selected the key board as us international. i think that is the main issue. thank you sadim and Konstantinos.E for your support.

now my next target is to have this solution as a mobile test lab so that i will not need a physical server,, thanks again,,

regards
morio

Return to “VMWARE”