OAW-AP1221

Also known as OmniAccess Instant AP
diablonet

OAW-AP1221

Post by diablonet »

Hello all, I got six OAW-AP1221 used devices, and I plan to use the as my home access point, but on the AP configuration it says "AP is managed by Omni Vista now, the Web Management System is not allowed to use.", is there a way I can use those APs?, do I require Omnivista? can they work as stand alone A?,in case NO, how much do the license cost for just 6 devices? how can I buy license? thank you so much in advance.
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: OAW-AP1221

Post by silvio »

there are two modes to manage this APs.
express mode: one of the AP is a virtual controller. It is responsible to send the config to all the other AP.
enterprise mode: the config is done via OmniVista for all the AP

You best choice will be express mode. Maybe the APs have had found the way to the internet during the first comming up (dhcp server has given gateway). So they have connected to the cloud version of OmniVista (OV cirrus).
To avoid this the next time: make sure that the AP can get IP via DHCP, but should not have internet access. Than factory reset them .....
here a helpfull link https://www.spacewalkers.com/
regards
Silvio
diablonet

Post by diablonet »

Thank you so much for your help Silvio, that is exactly what I need!!, one last help, on the express mode, I am able to change frequency channel, tx power but not frequency width (20mhz, 40mhz, 80mhz....) any idea? thank you in advance
silvio

Post by silvio »

if I remember correctly, than in the last (or next?) release this feature was included....
Which version to you use? The last one is 3.0.6.2056MR. But I am not sure about this...
regards
Silvio
diablonet

Post by diablonet »

Thank you Silvio, my device firmware is: 3.0.0.64, I tried to look for an updated version but I cant find it, the attachment file is the only change I can make on channels, https://imgur.com/a/SJsppNm
silvio

Post by silvio »

You should update to the newest release (3.0.6.2056). Ask the supplier of the accesspoints for the update files.
regards
Silvio
diablonet

Post by diablonet »

Thank you Silvio, there is no way I can reach the supplier anymore, I got them used, is there a way I can get that update from other source? thank you
silvio

Post by silvio »

Try to find an other Alcatel-Partner in your country. There is a partner locatel at https://www.al-enterprise.com/
best regards
Silvio
diablonet

Post by diablonet »

Can some one please share the firmware for OAW-AP1221? thank you in advance.

Return to “OmniAccess Wireless Access Points”