OMNIPCX Replacing handset

kurtbelyeu

OMNIPCX Replacing handset

Post by kurtbelyeu »

Hi AU,

I'm having issues replacing an IP touch 4008 on my PABX. When I try to update the MAC address for the new handset I am getting processing failure, OBJECT -1: Terminal Ethernet Address: invalid attribut value. I log in, enter mgr, select Users, select Go down hierarchy, select TSC IP User, select Consult/Modify, highlight "All instances", CTRL+V, then select the extension in question. When I modify the old MAC 00:80:9f:bc:ea:f8 to the new MAC 00:80:9f:bc:ea:f8 and hit CTRL+V I get the error above.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Just to add, the handset i'm modifying is disconnected from the switch.

Regards,

Kurt
kurtbelyeu

Re: OMNIPCX Replacing handset

Post by kurtbelyeu »

I figured this one out. You have to first ensure the handset is disconnected, then clear the MAC address from the terminal ethernet address line, put "", then CTRL+V to save it as blank to the database. You can then go back to the extension and add the new MAC address.

I've attached a short guide if the admins will allow it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kurtbelyeu on 06 Feb 2024 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the (4400 / Enterprise) PHONE APPLICATION or OPERATING SYSTEM”