OXO -DTMF Issues

john_honai

OXO -DTMF Issues

Post by john_honai »

Hi
I have inherited an alcatel oxo office pbx and i am having some issues with DTMF. we have a single sip trunk configured which we use for outgoing calls . We have ALE 30h IP Deskphones, IPTouch 4018phones and a couple of basic SIP soft phones configured. Now while the DTMF works for both the physical phone models, it is not working for the softphones . Out gong and incoming calls for the Softphones are working fine

I am sure I am making some silly mistake as I am an alcatel newbie so not sure what the mistake is .
The DTMF has been configured as out of band DTMF under external lines>SIP >SIP Gateway>Gateway parameter>media (screenshot Attached).

I have also attached logs from zoiper (my softphone) . Could you guys have a look please....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alex

Re: OXO -DTMF Issues

Post by alex »

As Zoiper is a SIP termination too, it also should be configured for proper DTMF sending.
Check whether it is configured for 2833/4733.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
john_honai

Re: OXO -DTMF Issues

Post by john_honai »

Yes, it is configured for the same DTMF 2833. I did some more testing yesterday , I downloaded 3cx client and registered to the pbx using the same exetension credentials and DTMF from the 3cx client goes through . But this client has an option for setting the DTMF payload which I set to 101 which is the same as that of the PBX .

I am doing all this testing for a different reason . I have a alarm notification system called win911 which has a voice gateway module for notifications . the DTMF was not working for this also. I was hoping if zoiper dtmf issue was solved this would also get solved automatically

Return to “MAIN”