Firmware upgrade.

keypulse

Firmware upgrade.

Post by keypulse »

Hi

A customer's 4200 seems very buggy and we need to try a firmware upgrade. Could anyone explain the procedure for this please?

The system is running on 4.0 at the moment (though the AC card boot s/w shows as 3.2 for some reason :? ) I have PCMMC R4.22_27.1 and R4.22_28.0.

I have obtained 4.3 firmware which unzips the following files:
a30818eq.aa1
c30819eq.aa1
d30820eq.aa1

And I've ordered new AC and CM boards just in case. I do not know what software (if any) will be supplied with these.

Any help greatly appreciated!
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Firmware upgrade.

Post by tot3nkopf »

Alcatel doesn't provide any support for this type of hardware. It is at the "end of life" for several years now.
However you should check Alcatel 4200X System Doc to find the procedure.

Regards.
keypulse

Post by keypulse »

tot3nkopf wrote:Alcatel doesn't provide any support for this type of hardware. It is at the "end of life" for several years now.
However you should check Alcatel 4200X System Doc to find the procedure.

Regards.
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know where I can obtain the docs?

Kind regards...

ETA and yes, this customer says they will upgrade to OXO next year when they get their budget, but until then they just want to keep the 4200 alive.
steve

Post by steve »

What kind of AC and CM board are in the system, and what are the eprom version ?

If you have AC-1: the software is on the eproms. So you need 2 new eproms for the Ac, and 8 for the CM board.

In case of AC-2 (or AC with AC-DL card): you need a special "Download" software for the upgrade and the latest boot eproms (2 for the AC and 2 for the CM board).
keypulse

Post by keypulse »

steve wrote:What kind of AC and CM board are in the system, and what are the eprom version ?

If you have AC-1: the software is on the eproms. So you need 2 new eproms for the Ac, and 8 for the CM board.

In case of AC-2 (or AC with AC-DL card): you need a special "Download" software for the upgrade and the latest boot eproms (2 for the AC and 2 for the CM board).
Thanks for the reply Steve, the system has AC-2 and CM1 boards. Is the Download software (I take it this works similar to Lola for the OXO?) still available from Alcatel Lucent, or do you know where I could obtain it please?

Kind regards
et

Post by et »

The Download software for 4200 is still available for download from ALCATEL-Lucent. But you need login and pass for access to https://www.businesspartner.alcatel-lucent.com/
obibok

Post by obibok »

Is there anybody with helpfull hand. I am looking for firmware to idol 2s 6050y. Actual v is 4.3 but i heard about v 4.4 for this mobile.

Wysłane z mojego 6050Y przy użyciu Tapatalka
vad

Post by vad »

This forum for Alcatel PBX - OXO, 4200, OXE. Not for smartphone/ mobile sets

Return to “42xx Systems”