S and L racks

DFK

S and L racks

Post by DFK »

Hi. I was reading S and L racks document and it was an old document. Are these racks still used or obsolete?? in which system OXO/OXE we use S and L racks and why? beside using M1 cabinets etc..
freedom

Post by freedom »

S(mall) & L(arge) racks are used in both OXE and OXO.
They are still used and known as Common hardware.
The M1 cabinet you mention is used for OXE Crystal hardware.

The common hardware can be mounted in a 19" cabinet and the boards in it are equiped with RJ45 connections in the front.
With Crystal hardware you need to connect patchpanels to the backpanel to get this kind of connection available.

Which rack (S or L) you need, depends on the requirements for a site.
For small sites with e.gg several IP-users and a T0 connection only, a small rack will be sufficient.
For larger sites, that need ip-users, analog users, digital users, T1/E1 connections etc, you will need one or several large racks.
For sites with a very large number of e.g. analog users, it's better to use Crystal hardware.

So it all depends on your needs which kind or hardware you might want to use.
DFK

Post by DFK »

Hi freedom thanks for answering, actullay i was getting mixed up with S/L/M1/M2 cabinets, as i understand M1/M2 rack are used for large configuration, is it correct? The whole PBX can be a combination of Call Server+Media gateway+M1/M2 cabinet or Call server+Media Gateway+S or L rack or S+L rack or Call server+Media Gateway+S rack+M1 rack am i correct?

Thanks
OXE_4400

Post by OXE_4400 »

You can't order M(iddle) rack, but OXE support it. M rack exist in OXO catalog.
Just for info.
freedom

Post by freedom »

DFK,

you're right about the mixing of the different hardware in an OXE environment.
An OXE will alway use at least one callserver and one cabinet. This cabinet can be common hardware (S+L rack) or crystal hardware (M1/M2 cabinet).

Return to “Shelf”