PCS - License valid for 30 days only

pgemelgo

PCS - License valid for 30 days only

Post by pgemelgo »

Hi All

We are installing a PCS and seems to have a problem with the OPS and the PCS. Is there is something we doing wrong? The database copy works. It says that we have only 30 days left.

Please help me

Thanks

Pedro
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by vad »

Your licences linked to CS (AS) not PCS. So when PCS start you have 30 days.
In another words - when CS (AS) stop or unreachable - you have only 30 days for problem solving. When CS start in normal way - you will have again 30 day for PCS.
pgemelgo

Post by pgemelgo »

Hi VAD

Thank you for that. So in a nutshell, the reason we having that problem is because the PCS isnt seeing(connecting) to the CS?
The guys installing are saying that they have been having problems with the firewall, you think that could be a problem? If so do you know what ports we ask the IT guys to open on the Firewall?

Thanks

Pedro
freedom

Post by freedom »

Pedro,

Doesn't seem to be a firewall issue!
If the PCS database copy is working, the PCS can connect to the main callserver.
What you describe is the normal way a PCS works!

Normally the PCS isn't active and has no use of the license.
Only when the CS stops working and the PCS needs to take over, the 30-days limit will count.
Meaning you need to get the main CS working within 30 days.

Most of the times this will not be an issue.....
You don't want to use the PCS for over 30 days ;-)
vad

Post by vad »

System release? Type of CPU/PCS?
Output with "pcsview" command, incidents?
Give us some info.
fishfinger

Post by fishfinger »

Hi, PCS is always 30 days max uptime! PCS is a temporary workaround solution and a CS is a full time solution. PCS usually sit at remote sites within a shelf with a GD and the PCS becomes active when the link to the CS shelf drops. So the PCS cannot be used as a full time pbx solution.

Which server shows 30 days left?? CS,PCS,both?

Can you ping the ip address of the PCS when logged into the CS??

Please post us a "pcsview" command select option 1 and "config all" and a network topology to help you
alex.marete

Post by alex.marete »

Solution found. PCS goes into a 30 day period for a newly installed system. this incident clears once you successfully use the command pcscopy. Again you have the same incident 30 day period once the ip link to the system is down. this is a warning that the PCS will halt in 30 days if the link is not back in service.
Thanks for your input.
zetor2000

Re: PCS - License valid for 30 days only

Post by zetor2000 »

I am in a situation when my PCS said that its life reached 30 days, and gives me incident 0432.
Do i have to reinstall this PCS, or it is enough to restart it, do pcscopy, and will it be OK?

Regards,
zetor
vad

Post by vad »

PCS can reach 30 days - if absent connection with CS. In your case - CS works? No problem with IP connection CS-PCS?
zetor2000

Post by zetor2000 »

The connection is OK, the site is working perfectly.
There had been a power loss, when the router/switch between the CS-PCS was gone, and the PCS became active. The power appeared again, but the PCS did not restarted (did not turn passive). The alarm manager said, that the pcscopy process is bad from day after day. I get this PCS card yesterday, and turn it on a common hw rack, and checked. The alarm message was i posted yesterday.
I think i have to refresh its hdd's contents...

Return to “Passive Communication Server”