GD in Austria

RobertBreu

GD in Austria

Post by RobertBreu »

Hi,

we have a oxe (common hardware/appliance server/R 10.0) located in germany (of course with german software).
Now we want to install a media-gateway in austria with two pra-t2-access.
Is this possible or do we have to setup a cpu with the austrian software on this site too?

In my opinion this can't work because the pra-boards will flash german-binaries. Or is there a way to flash other binaries?

Thank You!
enio.eltz

Re: GD in Austria

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

Well, you can set the GD board and the VG as Austria. As I understand CS has the database with your main country (in your case default=German), but that MG will Austria (option country of the GD board in mgr) with the VG too. It needs license for several languages.

I hope I helped you, and I posted because it's an interesting question.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
RobertBreu

Post by RobertBreu »

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

I will test this in my lab if it works. The VG will not be the problem because in austria they speak german too :)
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

Another thing, I have never done this kind of setting but I see in mgr some fields where you can set the country. Take a look.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
alex

Post by alex »

Actually there is no problem with that since you have R10.
You could use differents country's binaries for different couplers for a long time (since R2.1) but since R9.0 ALU implemented a "Multi-Country" feature which allows to use specific tones and TG parameters on certain GDs.
Check /System Documentation/System Services/Multi-Country Configuration.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “Media Gateway”