actis R19.x admin´s manual

Alcatel Configuration Tool for International Sales -all ACTIS related topics, how-to's, tips and tricks.
jastra

actis R19.x admin´s manual

Post by jastra »

hi everyone! i have little problem with actis. where can i found actis release 19.x admin´s manual or can i?, if there is a one somewhere in business partner sites, could someone put me a link in it. I have login access. I found 17.x admin´s manual but is there new?
jastra

Re: actis R19.x admin´s manual

Post by jastra »

original problem what i have is when i try to make an offer of power cpu, licenses and system update R6 to R9.2 . actis always add stuff what i don´t want and for example, i can´t find IP license anywhere... could you help me and put me simple instructions what to do, phase to phase. thanks advance.
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by tot3nkopf »

I would recommend doing some pre-sales courses or at least read all the pre-sales and how to quote documentation available for SME.
jastra

Post by jastra »

original problem what i have...

let me phrase myself again. today i i got target system´s .oxo file and with that i managed to finish the offer. But what if i don´t have any kind of oxo-file and i have to do complete new offer. For example, how can i make an offer like this: Image
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

I cannot see your document. Can you attach it here?
Basically you need a backup of the database and make your own export for .oxo. Otherwise it is always a risk to quote based on your presumptions.
jastra

Post by jastra »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/498 ... arjous.jpg There is a link to the picture, i hope it works.
Basically you need a backup of the database...
In my case, sometimes i have to deal with the customers, who have old alcatel system (OXO R2-R6), but we have not installed them. so we do not have passwords or any kind of access to the database and therefore, no back ups. These cases are rare, but still i want to know how it´s done.
it is always a risk to quote based on your presumptions
That´s true, but what if i know what the system includes, and i know what i need (IP-trunk licenses, power cpu board and software license upgrade...), how can i add only those items?

thanks for your patience.
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

You clients should have the passwords of their own systems.

You can take a look at the WPLs and you should know your discounts. However you have no idea about the price of software maintenance as this is related to system size, etc. Again: quotation should be done with Actis.
jastra

Post by jastra »

ok, thanks for you answers.

Return to “Actis”