Problem with 6860

damjan123

Problem with 6860

Post by damjan123 »

Hi all,

I have installed two Alcatel switches 6860 with two Stack Cables. I did not have any problems during the installation, but after few weeks the switches were lost from the network, any server or switch that was connected on them was out. It is strange because if you connect to the switches over serial cable are OK, the commands are working but you cannot ping any device from them. I've check the MAC address table but it had only 1400 addresses. The strange thing is that after reboot everything is normal. I've took the swlog's but i cannot see any problem. If someone has any idea what could be the problem please share with me. :)
OS6860-24 8.1.1.497.R01
Please help me??? The log is in attach.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Problem with 6860

Post by cavagnaro »

So problem fixed after reboot or persists?
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
damjan123

Post by damjan123 »

Yes it is solving with restart, but after two weeks it happend again. This is a big problem because on those switches are links from five different buildins plus the links from their mail server, FTP servers and a lot of others services.
devnull

Post by devnull »

I have some 6860 deployed and (not yet) seen the problems.
I would (as always) upgrade to the latest build which is afaik 8.1.1.585 and see whther it happens again.

if you encounter it again:

"show tech-support eng" copy the tar and open a TAC - case

When did you reboot? You date/tim eis completly messed up (June and January..) it is very difficult to find a matching date.

-> use ntp & or set correct time
damjan123

Post by damjan123 »

I installed 5 months ago and i forgot to set the date. :) after the second drop i have set it up...i will try with newer release
ayubnazar

Post by ayubnazar »

Did you find a solution for this, as i am facing the same issue. I am using 2xOS6860 stacked together. but the servers does not respond connected on these switches unless i restart the switch.

Regards,
Ayub

Return to “OmniSwitch 10k”