SDP's staying operationally down

mstride

SDP's staying operationally down

Post by mstride »

Hello,
Bit of a newb with Alcatel routers. I am trying to replace old hardware with 7705 SAR 8's and a SAR 18. I believe I have OSPF installed correctly, as well as RSVP-TE. I've set up several LSP's and they are all up. I can perform lsp-ping's and lsp-traces without errors.
When I tried installing my SDP's however they are administrativly up, but operationally down. When I do a show > service > sdp detail, my sdp's as stated all show operationally down. The lsp's they are associated with are all showing up and Flags is showing TldpSessDown.

Anyone have any ideas?
I'm a bit concerned that the problem may be something lower, and I'm assuming that if my lsp's are up/up that they are configured correctly and therefore the problem is something with the configuration of my SDP tunnels. My setup does have 2 parallel network paths between two of the routers, and two seperate pairs of SDP tunnels to a remote router.
I've attatched a pdf showing my configuration. Routers A, B and C are all in different locations from one another and routers A and B have parallel trunks. Customer data on the High Bandwidth trunk has to use the High Bandwidth trunk between A and B, and then both high and low speed trunks combine between B and C.

I've setup lsp's as follows (for the lowspeed path from A to C):
path pAToCLS
hop 1 10.1.2.1 strict
hop 2 10.1.3.2 strict
no shutdown
exit

lsp lAToCLS
to 3.3.3.3
primary pAToCLS
exit
no shut down
exit

configure service
sdp mpls 10 create
description "To C LS"
far-end 3.3.3.3
lsp lAToCLS
no shutdown
exit

All of the LSP's and SDP's are configured similarly.
Any help would be very much appreciated. I've been banging my head on this one for a couple of days now.
Thank You
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rekeds

Re: SDP's staying operationally down

Post by rekeds »

is ldp configured?

I don't like to download stuff from the net :[

it would be better to paste the config in [ code ] tags.

do some show ldps/rsvp, show mpls lsp details, show service sdp details,
mstride

Post by mstride »

ok, I feel stupid. Conigured LDP on all of the routers and my SDP's all came up.
With the reading I did on which protocol to use, I was under the impression the LDP was not required, only RSVP needed .
rekeds

Post by rekeds »

I'm a newbie too, but from what I understand - ldp is the foundation, you have to enable it.
but when you define sdp, you issued command "LSP xxx" not "ldp" so mpls uses rsvp for signaling :]

but I might be wrong.
plawansai

Post by plawansai »

Could I verify by "oam lsp-ping prefix 10.x.0.101/32" command :?:

And for neighbor doesn't connected, does it need "ldp targeted-session" configuration?

Thank you very much.
ปลาวาฬทราย

Return to “7705 SAR”