Modifying Network mode for NPRAE boards

Are you having any trouble while you are configuring a 4400 on site ? Share it with us, maybe someone will have the solution !
gemayel

Modifying Network mode for NPRAE boards

Post by gemayel »

Hello everybody,
I am trying to set up an ABC-F Internode link between 2 OXE release 7.0 using NPRAE BOARDS. I have node 1 is the master node and node 7 is the new slave node. After creating the X25 tunnels and the Logical link and the T2 access sucessfully with node 1 Bchannel choice Yes and node 7, B channel choice NO. Once I go to the Shelf/Boards/NPRAE to modify the Network mode (i.e Network mode YES for node1) i am getting an error failure message: T0/T2 ACCESS NO:THE MULTI T2 TG MUST BE NETWORK OR USER.

Has anybody got the error before, since the X25 tunnel and the link is not going UP. As for the synchro priority, 10 is the value for node 1 (synchronising and 255 for slave node)
Thx
mgoegel

Post by mgoegel »

You can not change the network mode, if this access is already in an trunk/link, while there are more accesses configured.
The best way to do this:
Delete your accesses completely from your link. Change network mode in all of your accesses (which belonging to the link). And then add these accesses to your link again.
Do not forget the reset of your NPRAE boards.

Mario
gemayel

Post by gemayel »

Thanks for your reply Mario, actually I tried what you you mentionned, I deleted the access, then was able to modify the network mode, but once I want to recreate the access , I am getting the same error, on creating the T2 access. I noticed that If I only create one access for the NPRAE (since it has 2 accesses) I am able to modify the network mode, and the ABC F link was UP. But once you want to create the second access, I get this error. It seems that we can only manage only one access on each link. So I will try now to create ABC links in the Internode links section, as many as accesses I have. since I have 10 E1 connecting thses 2 nodes, so I will create 10 seperate accesses, and see If it will work.
wassim
mgoegel

Post by mgoegel »

Do you have switched the other accesses also to network mode, before you put them into the link?
Thats urgently necessarily.

The problem here is, that a trunk can operatore ONLY in network OR terminal mode. When you try to add an interface, which is in different mode, then the pbx stops your modification.

Mario
gemayel

Post by gemayel »

But I did not have this problem while using the PRA2 boards.
mgoegel

Post by mgoegel »

I know the problem on BRA boards too.
I think, this is not a interface related issue - it's related to the trunk.

Of course you can change to/from NT mode, if you have only one interface in the trunk. This is allowed.
But you can not add an interface, which is configured to different mode - you have to change the interface to the target mode, as long it is unused.

Do it simply this way, and it will work ;-)
gemayel

Post by gemayel »

Mario
Thanks a lot, it worked fine.
wassim
zanex

Post by zanex »

As it is an ABC-F link you need to go into | Trunk Group | X25 synchronisation | X25 Cluster access + Disable | and then you will be able to make the change
gemayel

Post by gemayel »

still suspicious about the synchronisation between 2 nodes using the ABC-F, if the node 1 is the master (Bchannel choice enabled ) the snchro value must be 255 and in the slave node 2 should be less then 200 or vice versa?
since the documenation suggests 2 different examples.
Nazir

Re: Modifying Network mode for NPRAE boards

Post by Nazir »

gemayel wrote: 24 Mar 2007 08:43 Hello everybody,
I am trying to set up an ABC-F Internode link between 2 OXE release 7.0 using NPRAE BOARDS. I have node 1 is the master node and node 7 is the new slave node. After creating the X25 tunnels and the Logical link and the T2 access sucessfully with node 1 Bchannel choice Yes and node 7, B channel choice NO. Once I go to the Shelf/Boards/NPRAE to modify the Network mode (i.e Network mode YES for node1) i am getting an error failure message: T0/T2 ACCESS NO:THE MULTI T2 TG MUST BE NETWORK OR USER.

Has anybody got the error before, since the X25 tunnel and the link is not going UP. As for the synchro priority, 10 is the value for node 1 (synchronising and 255 for slave node)
Thx

Return to “ON SITE TROUBLES”