Ip Trunk

Reinhard

Ip Trunk

Post by Reinhard »

Hello everybody,
have someone of you some experience with configuring an Ip-Trunk?
I have to do that, but I have no Idea how to do it. May some help me?
I need the Trunk for connecting an Ip to Analog Adaptor which is used for conduct a fax
at an outpost.

Best regards
Reinhard Ulherr
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Ip Trunk

Post by tot3nkopf »

Configuration steps for IP Trunk / Ip extension (non Alcatel) - example:

In Numbering--->Dialing Plans create Secondary Trunk Group 188 (let's say -you will dial 188 to reach your fax machine on IP) Start 188 End 188 Base ARS keep no--->OK

In External Lines-->Trunk Groups--->List of TG ---> add in TG*503 your VoIP trunk (you can choose whatever tg group not used)

In Numbering--->Automatic Route Selection--->Trunk Group Lists add TG 503 list id 4 index 4 (let's assume you already have list id 1,2,3), apply

In Numbering--->Automatic Routing Selection-->ARS prefixes (change to IP parameters--right click on screen--> adv parameters) add prefix 188 with substitute 188 (or whatever you need in the other IP box that you have with TG list 4 destination Gateway IP type static, the IP adress of the Ip box bandwidth and codec in accordance with the the setting being done in the IP box

Dialing 188 should ring the box and your fax if configured ok. I would recomend using G.711 if you intend using analog fax machine.

To be able to dial outside or to route ext number to it configure joining between ISDN and analog lines (ticks between them) in Traffic Sharing and Barring.

Regards.
knightr1der

Post by knightr1der »

Is this thread for OXO or OXE ? :?
History repeats itself - because no one listens the first time!
-------------------
ACSE List
- Rel 9.x Corp
- IP Advanced
- CCD Expert
- OmniTouch CC Premium R8.x
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

knightr1der wrote:Is this thread for OXO or OXE ? :?
Ooops. Didn't think of it. OK Configuration example for OXE:

Configure the IP TG (assuming nb 3): type T2, T2 Specification IP
In TG Local parameters configure IP Compression G.711 (if you use default or other protocol than G.711 you may need to consult Sytem--->Other System Parameters--->Compression parameters G.723 or G.729 --- for G.729 you need licence)
Declare your Access under T0/T1/T2.
Create TG seizure or ARS TG seizure in Translator---->Prefix Plan-->#8 (let's say) Trunk Group seizure with Overlapping
Create Abreviated Number 188 let's say with following parameters: call nb #8 followed by the number you want to be send as id to IP box followed by # (end of dialing), name if you want to, call type IP, the IP of the remote IP box (FXS gateway I assume) (#8188# if you want to send 188 as id to the IP box).

To be able to dial from the box you should send to Alcatel Trunk group seizure or ARS seizure before the nb the fax wants to dial.
Also the Connecton Category of the IP TG and other trunks should be other than 5 (in such a way that they can join).

Regards.
tadaxi

Post by tadaxi »

Good example for oxe in H.323
thanks
OXE core ACSE
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

Thank you for your answer.
I laid down with a little illness the last days, therefore I didn't answer.
I needed your help with an OXE.Your help brought me to Success, thank you for
your efforts.

Kind regards
Reinhard
Redafakher

Post by Redafakher »

Good day for every one
I need your help please
Iam new in Alcatel and i have two oxe system that need to connect to each other .
pabx 1 duplicated with ip address 10.5.0.3 and 10.5.0.4

role ip address 10.5.0.5
mask 255.255.252.0
gateway 10.5.0.1

extensions 2xxx

and the other one
single cs ip address 10.10.17.10
mask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.10.17.1

extensions 3xxx
Redafakher

Post by Redafakher »

tot3nkopf wrote: 10 Jul 2007 10:38
knightr1der wrote:Is this thread for OXO or OXE ? :?
Ooops. Didn't think of it. OK Configuration example for OXE:

Configure the IP TG (assuming nb 3): type T2, T2 Specification IP
In TG Local parameters configure IP Compression G.711 (if you use default or other protocol than G.711 you may need to consult Sytem--->Other System Parameters--->Compression parameters G.723 or G.729 --- for G.729 you need licence)
Declare your Access under T0/T1/T2.
Create TG seizure or ARS TG seizure in Translator---->Prefix Plan-->#8 (let's say) Trunk Group seizure with Overlapping
Create Abreviated Number 188 let's say with following parameters: call nb #8 followed by the number you want to be send as id to IP box followed by # (end of dialing), name if you want to, call type IP, the IP of the remote IP box (FXS gateway I assume) (#8188# if you want to send 188 as id to the IP box).

To be able to dial from the box you should send to Alcatel Trunk group seizure or ARS seizure before the nb the fax wants to dial.
Also the Connecton Category of the IP TG and other trunks should be other than 5 (in such a way that they can join).

Regards.
is that way coorect for configuring ip trunk
I need your help please
Iam new in Alcatel and i have two oxe system that need to connect to each other .
pabx 1 duplicated with ip address 10.5.0.3 and 10.5.0.4

role ip address 10.5.0.5
mask 255.255.252.0
gateway 10.5.0.1

extensions 2xxx

and the other one
single cs ip address 10.10.17.10
mask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.10.17.1

extensions 3xxx

and where i can inter the ip used with the trunk

Return to “Trunk Groups”