External fordwarding Identification

dvid9976

External fordwarding Identification

Post by dvid9976 »

hello there

I'm experiencing some problems since one of our Telco decided to replace their traditional ISDN E1 with SIP-E1 Gateways (SIP on telco's network, still ISDN to OXE).
- External users XXXXX dials an OXE's DDI.
- OXE extension is diverted to a mobile number YYYYYY
- When using traditional IDSN, on my mobile YYYYY screen I receibed XXXXX number (good, because I kwnow who is calling)
- When using ISDN-SIP Gateway on my mobile YYYY I receibed a ZZZZZ number, which is being inserted by the telco gateway (not good, I don't know who is calling)

Telco says that using SIP, they cannot not progress a call with XXXXX as calling number, since it is not an authorized calling number on their circuits and only the customers DDIs are allowed as calling originating numbers.
They ask a kind of indication that the call is being fordwarded so the sip gateway can understand the scenario and translate accoringly in a different field that is not the calling number,

I have done many traces and found that for external fordward, what OXE makes in reallity is a second call with calling XXXXX, called YYYY but cannot find any indication that the call is an external fordward or similar.

Do any of you faced this issue?

thank you
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: External fordwarding Identification

Post by frank »

Hi,

Check P-Asserted-Identity
Usually, the carrier replace the caller ID with this info, in case of call forwarding, typically like in your scenario.
Code Free Or Die

Return to “Trunk Groups”