Caller ID Name Showing Trunk Group Name

dstrait

Caller ID Name Showing Trunk Group Name

Post by dstrait »

I am trying to finalize an integration between 3CX and our OXE. Thanks to some great help on this forum already the last major hurdle has been taken care of. However, there is one last detail I am hoping to resolve that is somewhat related to Trunk Groups, so I hope I'm in the right section.

When a 3CX extension calls an Alcatel extension the caller extension number and caller name all flow through as one would want. The inbound caller ID number/name (on the Alcatel phone) all show just like any other. No issues.

For example: The Alcatel phone displays '40010 - John Doe', which is coming from 3CX and is absolutely correct.

However,

There is one extension (that I know of) where this is not the case. Instead, the trunk group name shows up. On only this extension it shows as: 40010 - Bridge' Where bridge is the trunk group name. Any Alcatel-to-Alcatel calls display fine.

If this issue was impacting all phones, I would be looking at this differently. But, it's just this one phone. My thought/hope is there is some odd configuration on the problem extension which I am having trouble identifying. And, I'm not certain where to look as I don't usually get this deep with the OXE.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
sadim
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Caller ID Name Showing Trunk Group Name

Post by sadim »

Take a motortrace of a normal case and another for the call with the issue. Then check the traces
haroun

Post by haroun »

WHAT KIND OF SET IS ?
dstrait

Post by dstrait »

I will see about getting a motortrace.

As the the set, this is happening on an 8068. But, only on this one. We have some other 8068s that this is not happening to.
dstrait

Post by dstrait »

Actually, I am still lacking on the documentation for our OXE. I may have to wait until I'm able to work with the company who installed and helps maintain our system. But, is running a motorrace fairly straight forward? If so, would someone be able to guide me on the process? I am familiar with linux and CLI, just not OXE.
vad

Post by vad »

If this issue with one set - this set not the same like other 8086s. Attendant, another entity?
dstrait

Post by dstrait »

I actually just figured it out. This extension is set to different Phone Features COS, for some reason. I just enabled 'Rights Calling name display (CNIP/I-CNAM)' for this COS and the Caller ID Name is now pulling through.
sadim

Post by sadim »

Good work
haroun

Post by haroun »

In my last post I forgot to tell you to check COS, but you found it by your self :-D
for motorace (sip trace at oxe) just run those commands
>motortrace 3
>traced
to stop ^c
and motortrace 0
dstrait

Post by dstrait »

I read your mind. hah. I felt it had to be a user configuration issue, so I spent some time at home and compared several extensions and eventually found the different COS, then went down that path and tested it in the office. Success.

And, thank you for the motoretrace details. I need to start working towards a higher understanding of this system instead of the multiple crash courses over the last few weeks.

Return to “Trunk Groups”