Change Service Provider Omnivista PCX 4400

Pipo007

Change Service Provider Omnivista PCX 4400

Post by Pipo007 »

Hi,

we want to change the service provider of our telephone system Omnivista PCX 4400.
The old service provider managed the support remotely.

For the transfer we have retrieved the current configuration and all passwords from the old service provider.
We got the following accesses root , ppp httpd ftp, mtcl swinst nobody and adfexc. All passwords work except for the root access.
My question now is if the old service provider needs the root password for the administration of the system and just doesn't want to give it to us now.
After a hardware failure, the hard drive was replaced in 2018. Is not at least at this time the root access by the service provider was necessary?

Furthermore I have an undocumented telnet access which reports with console message "A6535". Which service is hidden here?

I would be very grateful for any helpful hints

Chris
Krusty65
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Change Service Provider Omnivista PCX 4400

Post by Krusty65 »

You should be able to change the root PW using the swinst account option2 (expert menu) option 6 (system management) option 6 (user's accounts management) option 1 (change account password)

As for the telnet access are you sure this is A6535 as it looks a lot like reference to a voicemail of either A4635 or 4645 which are the older & newer voicemail engines on the system.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.
But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the (4400 / Enterprise) PHONE APPLICATION or OPERATING SYSTEM”