4 Wire E&M trunk interface between OXE & BPL PBX

janmejoy

4 Wire E&M trunk interface between OXE & BPL PBX

Post by janmejoy »

Hi All,

I am facing a problem when interfacing between BPL MDX50 PBX & OXE. Actually they are using special type of TYPE-5 signalling, where when they dial the prefix the PBX first send a seizer pulse. The seizer pulse is like 200ms-250ms make, 70ms-90ms break, 70ms-90ms make. The E did not ground at that time. It will ground at the time when speech will through.

Please any one help me how to configure in Software and also in hardware to interface this type of system.

Thanks.
alex

Re: 4 Wire E&M trunk interface between OXE & BPL PBX

Post by alex »

First of all you SHOULD negotiate which E&M signalling is to be used. It SHOULD be the same at both ends as E&M signalling just a common name for a hell lot of wiring, signals< etc.
Second, read System documentation\Hardware: Platform and Interfaces\Crystal Hardware Boards\E&M-4TL chapter. Then read System documentation\Public Networks\E&M Trunk Group chapter.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
ManIshq

Re: 4 Wire E&M trunk interface between OXE & BPL PBX

Post by ManIshq »

This lots of reading.
well, I also want to connect my Karel PABX and Matrix Pabx with Alcatel OmniPCX on 4W EMTL . Please help.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the (4400 / Enterprise) PHONE APPLICATION or OPERATING SYSTEM”