Which Jumper for boot sequence break?

atlastechs

Which Jumper for boot sequence break?

Post by atlastechs »

I am quite familiar with commands in VxWorks and the Miniboot but it does me no good when I cant get to it! Somehow my ENI file got corrupt and the switch hangs at loading the NI. I am thinking I want to go to the Miniboot and Zmodem up a new file but I cannot seem to break the boot sequence. I've read that it is a jumper setting that needs to be altered but I dont know which one. Can anyone help ? :)
benny

Re: Which Jumper for boot sequence break?

Post by benny »

Hi,

It depends on the model you have...

- 6600 POE
- 6602 (this one should have the jumper set by default)

It should be jumper J32 or J40. (As far as I know you will only find one of those two...)

If it is J40 you have to connect the pins 3+5 with the jumper were before the pins 1+3 were connected.

I hope understand what I mean ... ;)

I attached a picture to this post which should be more clear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Benny
atlastechs

Post by atlastechs »

I have an OmniSwitch 6600-48 with 2 expansion slots, one with MINI GBICS and one for stacking. I see jumpers J34 and J35 each with 6 pins. Currently J34 has pins 1and3 and 2and4 jumped together, and J35 has 1and3 and 4and6 jumped. Hope this helps clear some stuff up.
benny

Post by benny »

It should be the one with is closer to the yellow battery. If they are both very close to it, let me know and I will open one of my 6600-48 tomorrow.
Regards,
Benny
atlastechs

Post by atlastechs »

hey Benny thanks for all the help. I haven't been able to break the boot sequence as of yet, I went with the card reader method instead of ZMODEM. I still wanted to thank you though for all the effort! :D
amerryman

Post by amerryman »

Bump!

Trying to access the miniboot interrupt on an Alcatel 6600 and stumbled across this post, but it appears there was never a resolution to the jumper configuration.

I've tried a few of the recommended that I've seen posted and none work, and unfortunately the switch guide I'm using is woefully inadequate.

I'll attach some pictures of its current placement and the board layout. I know this is an old thread but any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

amerryman

Post by amerryman »

Bump!

Trying to access the miniboot interrupt on an Alcatel 6600 and stumbled across this post, but it appears there was never a resolution to the jumper configuration.

I've tried a few of the recommended that I've seen posted and none work, and unfortunately the switch guide I'm using is woefully inadequate.

I'll attach some pictures of its current placement and the board layout. I know this is an old thread but any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.https://lensdump.com/i/0TFaz7
https://lensdump.com/i/0TFG6b

silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by silvio »

OS6602
2 Jumper HDRM2 and 3
HDRM3
2-4 => Interrupt „off“
4-6 => Interrupt „on“

Return to “OmniSwitch 6600 / 7000 / 8800”