Alcatel 8118 MIPT loses connection

Yerb

Re: Alcatel 8118 MIPT loses connection

Post by Yerb »

stianj wrote:Hi Yerb!

Did you solve this? What version are you running on your HP MSM? (I expect it is MSM). I've had nothing but trouble after we upgraded to v6.x on our controllers. v5.7.4 worked ok. I might have found a solution, but I'm not too happy about it. Would be very interesting if we could share our experiences using Alcatel-Lucent 8118 and HP MSM...

Regards,
Stian
Hi, stianj!

I still didn't solve this. I tried different firmwares on my HP MSM controller, including v5.7.4, but every time I get the same issue. Did you make some additional configuration on MSM to make phones work using MSM firmware v5.7.4? And what version are you using on the phones? Maybe you can share some solutions about this, because we are spent lot of time with this trouble

Thanks in advance

P.S. Did you try phones firmware 5.1.30?
stianj

Post by stianj »

Hi!

Well, when I now read your initial post, I see that you had a very specific problem that I can't help you with. It's probably something about the configuration of the DHCP-server. I'm the network guy, not the PBX guy, and this particular DHCP-server is running on the PBX. But I seem to remember vaguely that the DHCP settings had to be changed to allow non-Alcatel clients? (Since the handsets are really made by Ascom?) But I might remember this wrongly.

With v5.7.4 on the MSM I had no special configuration options, it just worked. I have not tried firmware 5.1.30 on the handsets, and while I just had an hour or so to check this friday evening, I really feel that the roaming was way more smooth in our environment. I could pull the plug on the AP the handset was connected to while in a conversation, and the connection did not break. It was silent for 0,5 seconds or so, but then I could continue my conversation using the neighbor AP. Before the handset always had to reconnect to the network, which took many seconds and did break the conversation.

So I need to do some more testing, but I really think HP MSM v6.4.1 and Alcatel 8118 with 5.1.30 is a very good match - finally! :)
stianj

Post by stianj »

Yerb: I just noticed this in the release notes for 5.1.30:

No default vendor class for OT81x8 in OXE DHCP server configuration: if using OXE DHCP server, add vendor class for OT handsets manually: alcatel.mipt.1

Does that help?
Yerb

Post by Yerb »

stianj wrote:Yerb: I just noticed this in the release notes for 5.1.30:

No default vendor class for OT81x8 in OXE DHCP server configuration: if using OXE DHCP server, add vendor class for OT handsets manually: alcatel.mipt.1

Does that help?
Hi stianj, we tried to change alcatel.mipt.0 to alcatel.mipt.1, but everytime we gor error " Processing Failure OBJECT -1: Name: Operation refused by Netadmin"
Then we tried to disable HP MSM Controller and Access Points and started simple TP-LINK Access Point for home use and finally everything started to work normal without any additional configurations on MIPT or Alcatel OXE side. Now we know that the problem on wi-fi side. Could you please share your experience about HP MSM Controller configuration? Maybe there are some special settings should be applied?

Thabks in advance!
stianj

Post by stianj »

Weird... No, I have nothing configured on the VSC at all. Both Authentication and Access control is disabled, and nothing else is enabled on the VSC. I can't explain this.
Yerb

Post by Yerb »

We downgraded MSM Controller to v5.7.4. Now MIPT works stable.
stianj

Post by stianj »

Yeah, it's totally stable with 5.7.4 here as well. I thought it was ok with latest handset firmware and MSM v6.x, but I was wrong... Have an open case with HP, but I'm not impressed so far...
rizwan_101

Post by rizwan_101 »

Hello Everyone,

I am also facing the same issue. I have upgraded HP MSM from 5.4.7.to 6.4.2.

Before this upgrade MIPT was working fine but now all MIPT's are showing connecting message.

Please help me its really very critical for me.

Thankyou.

BR
Rizwan
stianj

Post by stianj »

The connecting message will go away with 6.5.1 (as in it will connect, but have some problems still) - but 6.5.2 which will be released very soon I'm told, contains a specific Alcatel fix which should fix "all" problems. (I got a Proof-of-Fix from HP which certainly made everything much better, but I'm not sure if everything is perfect yet...)

Anyways, you'd need 6.5.1, and even better 6.5.2 when it comes very soon now...
rizwan_101

Post by rizwan_101 »

great. So with 6.5.1 the MIPT will work properly ? what problems you are facing with 6.5.1 ?

Return to “Mobile IPTouch Phones (MIPT)”