4XX8EE Phones with Asterisk

DiGiNeX

Re: 4XX8EE Phones with Asterisk

Post by DiGiNeX »

cwsonline wrote: 12 May 2011 10:02 1. PC ethernet configured as 192.168.1.6 with tftp server and binaries.
2. Crossed ethernet cable from phone to PC.
3. Power on phone. Hold i+1+2+3. Release when keys light.
4. After several seconds you will be able to ping the phone at 192.168.1.1.
5. Telnet to phone.
6. >dwl go sipc

Phone will then attempt to download the sip binaries. You could also use just 'dwl go' and it will attempt to download all the binaries.
One question.

Since my 4018EE is powered by PoE (and I don't have a power adapter), should I connect the PC to the PC port and use the LAN port for the PoE Switch?
nomadewolf

Post by nomadewolf »

Hi everyone!

I've managed to get the phones working, except for two things:
-Phonebook
-Missed calls history/warning

I've read someone here managed to get - at least the missed calls - working, but i can't figure out what exactly enabled it...

Does anyone know the specific way to enable it?

Thanks!
nomadewolf

Post by nomadewolf »

MM-P wrote: 03 Jun 2012 14:50 You´ll find in the attachment the latest firmware for the 4008 and 4018 phones.

Now MWI, Voicemail and missed calls are working.
How did you got missed calls working?
I got the 2.01.10 SIP version files and missed calls do not work.
Or is it something about the config files? Or is it in Asterisk itself?

Thanks.
kentavr5

Post by kentavr5 »

Dear All,

I have 4018 with NOE 3.92.20. I have read all the pages on this forum trying to switch it from NOE to SIP. Is there anyone here with NOE ver less than 4 who succeeded in bringing their devices to work with Asterisk server? Is it possible at all?
When I hard reset "i+1+2+3", and telnet with "dwl go", the unit connects to TFTP and tries to download 6 files - noe4018 & noe4018-header, data4018 & data4018-header, bin4018 and bin4018-header. I does NOT try downloading the files that are needed - noesip4018 and datasip4018.
If I restart the unit and press (during the 2 stage) i and #, the unit downloads lanpbx.cfg and that is all.
So is there anything that could be done for my 4018 to work with Asterisk? Any help or guidance is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Veit_privat

Post by Veit_privat »

Hello kentavr5,
I have 4018 with NOE 3.92.20. I have read all the pages on this forum trying to switch it from NOE to SIP. Is there anyone here with NOE ver less than 4 who succeeded in bringing their devices to work with Asterisk server? Is it possible at all?
Sure, but NOE 3.x -> NOE 4.x -> SIP
When I hard reset "i+1+2+3", and telnet with "dwl go", the unit connects to TFTP and tries to download 6 files - noe4018 & noe4018-header, data4018 & data4018-header, bin4018 and bin4018-header. I does NOT try downloading the files that are needed - noesip4018 and datasip4018.
Looks good for the first step then, except you need the updated firmware.
The *header files are just the first 256 bytes form the actual files, perhaps to speed up version checks,
i have seen the phone download the full version when the *header is not available.
So is there anything that could be done for my 4018 to work with Asterisk? Any help or guidance is highly appreciated.
I have tried 4028EE for test here, on both sip.easybell.de and local zyxel/spairon speedport 5501, likely a Asterisk inside.
Works, but the config files so far empty the address book.
Really bad compared to company OXE with phone book.
krzysioD
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by krzysioD »

Veit_privat wrote: 02 Apr 2022 12:44 Works, but the config files so far empty the address book.
Really bad compared to company OXE with phone book.
It was newer ment to use phone book or programable keys (so-called BLF in asterisk world).

It Was designed as SIP survivality mode only - i.e. to make any call even when OXE CPU is down and there is outside SIP provider (for emergency call for example, or to provide simple voice - during mainetance tasks).

I don't see a reason for ALU to provide for function (BLF) keys nor the QWERTY (or -Z -> German or ASD- keys in French) - to use phonebook, then - it whould move many companies to drop OXE as ALU product and use good quality phones with 3-rd party. So - this is not technical, it's strategic, buissnes and marketing issue.
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
Veit_privat

Post by Veit_privat »

Hello krzysioD,
krzysioD wrote: 04 Apr 2022 03:37 It Was designed as SIP survivality mode only..
...So - this is not technical, it's strategic, buissnes and marketing issue.
True. Can understand that ALU point of view.
For a user it can feel quite locked-in.
My employer company has several conference phones - we use them in analogue mode, CLIP disabled, license missing.
thepexz

Post by thepexz »

Hello everyone! There goes a small tutorial on how to upgrade the alcatel I4028

As a first step we must have the files:
- datsip4028G
- datsip4028G
- sipconfig.txt
- sipconfig-PHONEMAC.txt (ex: sipconfig-00809fb407d8.txt)

We must also have:
-TFTP ServerLocal
-Asterisk PBX with TFTP server

Stage 1:
1 - Mount local TFTP server on PC
2 - Set the PC IP to 192.168.1.6 with the subnet mask 255.255.255.0
3 - Put in C:/tftpboot or in the case of docker /tftpboot the files: datsip4028G, datsip4028G, sipconfig.txt
4 - With a crossed cable or with a SW in default, connect the phone and the PC where the TFTP server is located
5 - Turn on the phone and enter the configuration mode ( i + # ), this is done in boot stage 2/5 (Network setup) and fill in the fields as follows:
* Enter in IP Param
* IP Mode: Static
* IP: 192.168.1.1
* S/net: 255.255.255.0
*Route: 192.168.1.6
* TFTP1: 192.168.1.1
* Uncheck Use VLAN
* Discard Strict VLAN
* Save
6 - Restart the phone and press the key i + 1 + 2 + 3 and the phone will enter Reset-Standalone mode
7 - Ping from the PC (192.168.1.6) to the phone (192.168.1.1)
8 - Check the ARP table of the machine to be sure and see that the IP (192.168.1.1) is associated with the MAC of the phone in question
9 - Once we see that both are seen, we enter the command "telnet 196.1.1.1"
10 - Now the console shows us NOePhone> and we write the command dwl go, next we will see the installation process where it will say that the binaries are correct and the progress of the upgrade.
11 - Once the phone is finished, it will restart, and we will enter the configuration mode by pressing the i + # key and put on Soft Infos (We change from NOE to SIP mode), check in this also that the firmware version changed from 2.01. 12 to 2.12.20.
12 - After that, fill in the fields of step 5 with the addresses of our telephone exchange, since the IP will depend on whether we have a DCHP Server or not.
13 - Once configured, we must first enable the TFTP Server in our central and load the files mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial in the root /tftpboot directory.
14 - There are 2 sipconfig files, the one that has the phone's MAC, ANY CONFIGURATION THAT IS MADE IN THAT FILE STEPS ON THE SIPCONFIG.TXT, the latter must be taken as a global configuration for ALL the phones in our central.
15 - The rest is left to your liking and configuration, this was a simple tutorial on how to upgrade the firmware.

PS: The binary files are already uploaded in previous pages of this same forum. Those of sipconfig there are also many examples in this same forum, if necessary, write to me by this same means.

Docker compose example if necessary for linux users:
version: '3'
services:
tftp:
image: pghalliday/tftp
container_name: tftp
ports:
- 69:69/udp
volumes:
- ./tftpboot:/var/tftpboot
dev:
image: debian
container_name: debian
tty: true

remember to create the tftpboot folder in the same directory where docker-compose.yml is located

Greetings from Argentina, thank you very much to all the comments in this forum that helped me a lot with my work.
nomadewolf

Post by nomadewolf »

Can anyone provide updated firmware files?

Return to “Asterisk”