Uploading dynamic voice guide

ftye

Uploading dynamic voice guide

Post by ftye »

How do I upload a dynamic voice guide saved in wave format (it is a file) from my hard drive to the omniPCX 4400. The audio station is only for static voice guides. I am trying to set up a new presentation/greeting guide
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by frank »

I never done it from a pc , but if you want to do it from a 4035, it's easier..

Allow the user to record VG in his class of service, create a prefixe for VG recording , and then you can overwrite the old VG .. Tell me if you need more info.

Ciao
Code Free Or Die
ftye

Post by ftye »

Thanks frank...I actually know how to upload through the 4035 but my organisation, for a particular campaign insists on a pre-recorded guide (previously recorded by some female voice expert) existing in a wave file. There must be a way to transfer the file to the PBX. i.e /usr7/vg/dhs
la_toupie

Post by la_toupie »

Hi,

You must use the 'Audiostation' to create a project and choose the type of card which supports your guides. I don't think that you can do it without this soft because the system make the difference between a GPA ansd a CPU6 by example. Your .wav must be convert by this soft...

Good luck
What I seek in the word, it is the response of the other...
ftye

Post by ftye »

Hey guys....I finally got the procedure and it worked!!.

Please go through the procedure for transferring the voice guides using AAS into the system.

Transfer the wave file Alcatel Audio station.

Steps 1

Open the Alcatel audio station.
Select project. ---> new --> creation of empty vpr.file--->Name example xyz
select system scroll to dynamic voice guide.

Steps 2

select project
edit--> add--> select the wave file --> assign a five digit no example 00833-->
Give name example abc

Steps 3: compile

Steps 4 :save

Steps 5

Select Media--> transfer

Steps 6 select type dynamic message --> transfer file xyz.vpr

note:- it will select the directory /dhs3ext/vg/pc

Login to the 4400

You can check the file in directory cd /usr7/vg/pc the file which you have transferred through AAS.

Steps 7

mgr--> system-->descending --> dynamic voice guides--->(i) Import new files in database ---> validate

(ii) Clear import directory----> validate

(iii) Remove invalid files from database

System--> descending --> dynamic voice guides--->descending

(i) Assignment

Create VG Sub-message No. : 833

Add board shelf card

System--> descending --> dynamic voice guides--->descending ---> VG Message number-->

Descending---> Review/Modify

select All instances

VG Sub-message No. : 833 validate

File status Selected validate

Check the file in directory cd /usr7/vg/dhs the file which you have transferred through AAS with “^ “

which means this directory is active.

Now to test the voice guide create a tone test prefix. you can hear the dynamic guide bye entering the tone test prefix and the guide No
frank

Post by frank »

Hey ftye,

Thank you for your post.
Can you write this down on the Word doc and send it to me ?
I will make a PDF and have it ready for the next release of the website, where we will be able to upload / download documents. I wrote a couple of documentations already. Thank you !
Code Free Or Die
alcateloxe

Loading Dynamic Voice Guides in OXE L without AAS

Post by alcateloxe »

In this reply I will explain how to load DYNAMIC VOICE GUIDES WITHOUT USING ALCATEL AUDIO STATION on an OXE L but it can work on OXE VH, WM1, M2 and M3 just change the board that will play the guides.

This procedure is VERY USEFUL TO LOAD VOICE GUIDES when you don't have Alcatel Audio Station.

Just a few days ago I asked to Alcatel to create for me a voice guides project to load it on to an Alcatel OXE L and I thought that they would send me a VPR file what they sent was several WAV files (without extension) the file names were like:

3_vg0003^
10_vg0010^
220_gv0220^

etc... they sent 38 files when I add the .WAV extension to each file i could listen to it on my Winamp, they were nothing but WAV files using:

Format: LEY A CCITT 8.000 KHz, 8 bits, Mono
Output Format: PCM, 8000 Hz, 1 Channel, 16 bits per sample

That was something that I could have done with any voice recording application (like Cool Edit), the important point on what Alcatel did was in assigning the name to each file, the format must be as in the examples above, so that the PCX can recognize them as voice guide files.

But they didn't tell me how to load them, so I read the documentation of Alcatel OXE and then I knew that they had sent me the files for a DYNAMIC VOICE GUIDE PROJECT. By the way I asked Alcatel to create the project for me because I haven't bought the Alcatel Audio Station Application.

In the documentation is indicated that these files must be loaded in the path:

/DHS3ext/vg/dhs

in order to work (NOTE: AAS doesn't load it in that path because there is a command inside mgr that copies files from the AAS path to the /DHS3ext/vg/dhs path)

To load the files in that path you must use FTP from your PC. When you enter via FTP the default location at the PBX is /DHS3bin/adfexc in this path you can put files so that you can send all the files to the path /DHS3bin/adfexc.
NOTE: Don't try changing the path via ftp to /DHS3ext/vg/dhs altough you can do it in that path you won't have autorizathion to put files, so that you must put them at /DHS3bin/adfexc. If you know Linux you can change attributes to the folder using the command chmode.

Once the files are at /DHS3bin/adfexc use the command cp to copy them to the path /DHS3ext/vg/dhs. You can check that the files are beeing recognized by the PBX entering mgr/System/Dynamic Voice Guides/Dynamic Voice Message Numbers, when you consult all instances the number of each file must appear otherwise the file hasn't the right file name.

When all the files have been copied to /DHS3ext/vg/dhs go to mgr/System/Dynamic Voice Guides/Assignment and assign the coupler (shelf & board) that will play each guide (in the case of OXE L the virtual GPA address is shelf 1, coupler 27 but when you enter 1-27 in this section it is not accepted so that I had to enter the address of the GD board that is 1-0).

The assignment must be done for each voice guide using the Add button, in the next sample I'm configuring that the voice guide number 3 will be played by the GD board.

mgr/System/Dynamic Voice Guides/Assignment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub-message number : 3
Shelf-Board
[ Add ] [ Remove ] [ Next ] [Previous]
Shelf-Board : 1-0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it is all according to documentation (well in the documentation is stated that you must use AAS mandatory but we can see here that it is not true), but IT DIDN'T WORK, I created the TONE TEST prefix but nothing new was heard.

FORTUNATELY IT WORKED WHEN I RESTARTED THE PBX, uffff then you can see with the command incvisu how each voice guide is downloaded to the Virtual GPA.

I Hope this information helps you.

Roger
Mexico
frank

Post by frank »

Damn it !

Good job ! I always though that the WAV files were changed once in the PBX (different header ?) Now that I know the good format, I will make many tries.

The file name format as you said as to be

<b>VoiceGuideNumber_FileInfo</b> and the <b>^</B> is only ere to say that the voiceguide is active.

I will try to give it a shot sometime this week (I doubt) or next week in the lab.. Thanks !
Code Free Or Die
vad

Post by vad »

If you have opened lock 91 (in OPS) VGrecordingOnUA, you can record dynamic VG from UA set (4034, 4035).
After recording from UA set you can replace files in directory /DHS3ext/vg/dhs and from UA set make command download file.
If lock 91 closed you can place files and manage assignement but it will works only after shutdown.
wizzy

Post by wizzy »

Guys good job !!!

This thread is very helpful and it works too !!!!!!!!

Return to “System”