More than one IP address FAILED

Starlight

More than one IP address FAILED

Post by Starlight »

Hi

I know this is an old system but we do still use it, until we had an issue with it lately and now reinstalling the server

I have a good clean install of Red Hat following the Alcatel boot CD method.

However I keep having one FAILED issue with the checkSystemLinux.sh script.

It is "More than one IP address FAILED" or "More than one IP address, using this first on to continue [FAILED]"

I only have one ethernet interface ETH0

I do see a usb0 ethernet interface which is active but we do not have a physical usb ethernet adaptor connected to it - so I am assuming this is loading with the Red Hat software.

I have tried different settings with initial steps concerning the Voice Message Local Storage hoping it would make a difference - this is by doing many reinstalls of RHEL to test and see :( but still this Fail message still comes when I run the checkSystemLinux.sh script

Also, I cannot find any post of this issue Forum wide - seems everyone's Otuc install works fine.

If you have installed the OmniTouch 8400 before maybe this is a simple fix for you and I'm hoping someone can assist me with this.

Thanks in advance
Starlight
Starlight

Re: More than one IP address FAILED

Post by Starlight »

Well, answering my own question since this is now resolved for me. I had to deactivate the usb0 interface from the network settings and reboot the server - the checkSystemLinux script worked fine after that.

Still not sure how the usb0 interface came to be. Just glad it was the only issue affecting me from completing the ICS install.

Return to “OmniTouch 8400 Instant Communication Suite”