CPU -8 LAN PORT REDUNDANCY

Rem

CPU -8 LAN PORT REDUNDANCY

Post by Rem »

Hello,

I have an ACT-14 crystal hardware with two CPU-8 cards (Main & Standby) connected to the BRMA. I have to show a redundancy test wherein if main cpu-8 card goes down the standby CPU-8 must be main. The redundancy is working fine when i am giving a "shutdown" command to main CPU-8 card but problem is occurring when i am removing one of the LAN cable of CPU-8 from BRMA E0 or E1. I am losing the ping to virtual Ip and my standby CPU 8 card doesnt change its role to MAIN
Could anyone please help me with this if there is any physical jumper settings that needs to be done on the card?

Thank you
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: CPU -8 LAN PORT REDUNDANCY

Post by frank »

What's the result of the "twin" command ?
Code Free Or Die
Rem

Post by Rem »

Hello Sir,

The twin status is established between both the main and standby CPU-8 cards. The status shows Ready.
The redundancy is working fine when I am giving a restart or shutdown command or if I am turning off the CPU8 card through one of the small on off switch in front of the card . The problem is when I am removing the Lan cable.

Thank you
vad

Post by vad »

Why you think - if you disconnect Ethernet from CPU_1 - CPU_2 must become main?
Not works with CPU8 but hope - CPU8 works like as CPU7:
1 - you forbid embedded Ethernet (Ethernet between CPU) and connect PBX with two cables to the LAN
2 - you allow embedded Ethernet and connect with one cable to the LAN

In first case - when you disconnect one cable n(f.e. from main) - you lose connection between CPU and LAN. But CPU still main, PBX still works (but will be problem with IP equipment).
haroun

Post by haroun »

working with cpu7 , in the CBRMA BOX i use always the port of the standaby as AP to the lan ; ans as said BY vad you have embeded ethernet , try to put the second port in the lan and u will rise troubles
Rem

Post by Rem »

vad wrote: 09 Apr 2019 23:30 Why you think - if you disconnect Ethernet from CPU_1 - CPU_2 must become main?
Not works with CPU8 but hope - CPU8 works like as CPU7:
1 - you forbid embedded Ethernet (Ethernet between CPU) and connect PBX with two cables to the LAN
2 - you allow embedded Ethernet and connect with one cable to the LAN

In first case - when you disconnect one cable n(f.e. from main) - you lose connection between CPU and LAN. But CPU still main, PBX still works (but will be problem with IP equipment).
Hello Sir,

Thank you for your response,

We tried to follow the steps to disable the embedded Ethernet as mentioned in the manual for CPU-7 but we couldn't disable it. The commands to disable embedded Ethernet of CPU-7 doesn't seem to work in CPU-8
And also sir its the clients requirement in case the LAN to the main card gets faulty all the IP phones must work fine through the other CPU-8 card at least.
frank

Post by frank »

Are you trying to demo redundancy with embedded or not embedded ethernet ?
try both scenarios. let us know what happens. show logs from incvisu.
Code Free Or Die

Return to “Boards”