CSTA supervision via SNMP

AntoineD

CSTA supervision via SNMP

Post by AntoineD »

Hi,

We're looking for a way to supervise via SNMP the CSTA links of an OXE, the idea is to get the DR LINK status and statistics about monitoring requests...

Do you know how we may achieve this?

I had a look to the ALU documentation but I wasn't able to get the information...

Thanks for your help, have a good day.

Antoine.
sadim
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: CSTA supervision via SNMP

Post by sadim »

Hi ,
In the past I made some applications to monitor the nice recorder. One of them, is an application that has as input an ip capture of the nice recorder's csta link and that when decoding this capture, creates a database (microsoft access) with the most pertinent information (extension number, channel used, start record error code, stop record error code, recording duration, if the record is local or remote, ...)
If you want to check one example, you can make a capture of your recorder csta link, sent it to me, and i will return to you the corresponding db. For the capture, if you have enougth disk space on oxe, you can use the tcpdump directly on oxe, filtering for the ip of your recorder, and port 2555. Also, you should consider to take a capture for a significative duration period.
With the data provided with this app, you can check if there are errors, which sets are being recorded, which oxe boards/channels are being used, if there are errors, ...
BRegards
AntoineD

Post by AntoineD »

OK, that's sound pretty clear. Is there any place into the OXE where I can get the state of the CSTA link? I'm surprised that nothing is included into the standard SNMP mib..

Thank you very much for your help :-)

Cheers.
sadim

Post by sadim »

Hi,
You can use the oxe incidents.
There are some incidents that provide some information regarding csta links (namely, incidents 4017, 4018, 4019)

In the past i have also done another app, that time to time (ex:every 5 min) takes like a snapshot of the link (checks if the link is up, check for errors, checks the numbers of start recording is coerente with the number of calls, and if the errors increases more than some configurable theresholds) it can trigger an alarm (a kind of solution that predictively allows to detect potential problems) but i never used it in production for a period that i can consider it as ok.
BRegards

Return to “GENERAL”