external forwarding

felix92

external forwarding

Post by felix92 »

Hi,

I have a problem with external forwarding.

There are two internal sets (A and B), located on different sites, using different trunk groups for external calls.
B is forwarded to an external number (C).

If A calls B and is forwarded to C, the trunk group of B is used to establish the call.
That causes that a wrong calling no. is sent to C.
So, C doesn't know who is calling and is not able to call back.

Is there a way to change that behavior, so that A uses it's own trunk?

regards
fery_s

Re: external forwarding

Post by fery_s »

what is your mean 2 sites? you mean 2 different networks? or one central oxe with remote shelfs and pcs?
You probably have different entities for A and B, you can configure C as a speed dial in the speed dial range and then it used the trunk that is responsible for that entity.
I did not test it but I think it should work.
felix92

Post by felix92 »

Hi,
i'm sorry my first post was not specific enogh.

I have one shelf with to trunks (TG110 & TG116) connected to it.
User A is at the same site as the shelf. User B is an IP-Phone in a branch office.
They are both in the same entity (110), because we're using multi-company and both sets are belonging to the same company and need to dial the short number to reach eachother.

We're using ARS (prefix 0) for external calls.
Route 1 / TG Source = Entity / Entity 110 TG = 110
Route 2 / TG Source = Route / Route TG = 116
User B has a Public Network COS which is not allowed to use TG 110, so the second Route is used.

So, if A dials 012345, TG 110 is used and if B dials 012345, TG 116 is used.
I expected that this would also be taken to account if A calls 012345 indirect through the forwarding.
But the ARS seems to use the PNC of the forwarded set B.

I can't use the speed dialing by range, because it's the same entity.

Any other ideas? :-)
fery_s

Post by fery_s »

if you do'nt have 2 entities then you can also configure another outgoing prefix for the secon TG, for example #0 as a "Trunk Group Seizure" and use that. if C is just one specific number you can counfigure too speed dial (not spead dial range) for it, one with 0 (your ars prefix) for TG 110 and anothere with #0 for TG 116 .

you can also in speed dial activating " Call Restrictions - Barring" then its looking your Public network cos
felix92

Post by felix92 »

Hi,
how does it help to configure two TG prefixes or speed dialing numbers? The set can only be forwarded to one number at once.
So, if I'd use a prefix for TG110 it would probably work for the user A. But if a colleague of B (same branch office, normally using TG116) calls B, TG110 would still be used.
I need a solution, that works for all callers at the same time.
fery_s

Post by fery_s »

felix92 wrote: 07 Oct 2021 03:54 Hi,
how does it help to configure two TG prefixes or speed dialing numbers? The set can only be forwarded to one number at once.
So, if I'd use a prefix for TG110 it would probably work for the user A. But if a colleague of B (same branch office, normally using TG116) calls B, TG110 would still be used.
I need a solution, that works for all callers at the same time.
if you use speed dial with your ARS prefix and "Call Restrictions - Barring= True" when user B with public COS 10 ( for example, that has no access no TG 110) calling user A that forwarded on speed dial, then it's using TG 116 because now speed dial first looking at PNC.
haroun

Post by haroun »

what about External forwarding categorie , have u tried
fery_s

Post by fery_s »

haroun wrote: 10 Oct 2021 09:12 what about External forwarding categorie , have u tried
No I have not. did you? it works?

Return to “GENERAL”