OmniPCX Enterprise Release 100.0

UP82

OmniPCX Enterprise Release 100.0

Post by UP82 »

HI!
Big step from 12.4 to 100!
did someone tried this new release of OXE?

Paolo
Trunk

Re: OmniPCX Enterprise Release 100.0

Post by Trunk »

Hi,

I already upgraded fews systems to the new R100 and also have feedbacks about many customers.
I can answer your questions about this version.

Trunk
aflores

Post by aflores »

Hello Friend. Hope you are fine.

I am involved in a possible proyect of migration of four OXE (3 REl 10, 1 R9) to R100, so, Can you please share with me all the documentacion that you considered it will be necesary to have to get to know the migration procedure and other important things.

3 systems are Common Hardaware, so the migration will be from Cs to CS3 and one system is from APP server to CS3 too.

I have expertise on migration of OXE (I´m oxe certified until R10.1) but I´m a little bit outdated on new releases.

Any help, docs, you can share I will apreciated.

Regards.

AFlores
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by oldboy »

aflores not much has changed from a migration point of view, i am up to approx 40 systems in networks up to Rel 100.0, running the new ALE-400 and migration from release 11 and above worked perfect.

main thing to remember is fichges force_recover_dico. backup DB and linux data and import onto new cpu's and away you go!
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
aflores

Post by aflores »

Hello, thanks for your reply.

So the migration will be the same as always, backup in old release and restore in new release, right?.

It will be necesary, for example the system on R9.0, do a progresive migration: R9.0 to R10.0; R10.0 to R11.0; R11.0 to R12.0 and finally R12.0 to R100?

I don´t mind to doit, just want to be clear as possible.

Regards.

AFLORES

Return to “GENERAL”