Phone identifier not unique and wrong user logs on

Jan Aeschlimann

Phone identifier not unique and wrong user logs on

Post by Jan Aeschlimann »

We're rolling out softphone to about 600 users. Normal desktop modus ( ACD-Modus NOT enabled).
Latest version IPDesktopSoftphone_11.1.23.msi is installed on the personal laptop of the employee.

Because the laptops are used with Ethernet and sometimes WiFi the option 'use same phone identifier' is enabled.

But we encounter the problem that after installing, the IPDesktopSoftphon software on laptop A an identifier is show (example ab:7e:be:44:00:01)
Then a bunch of installations later on another laptop the software generates the same identifier (example ab:7e:be:44:00:01)

The result is that in omnivista the identifier is stored in the TSC IP USER / Therminal Ethernet address ab:7e:be:44:00:01 as USER1. And therefor when USER2 on laptop B opens the Ip softphone, the identifier is checked in omnivista and USER1 is logged on by accident.

Does anyone recognize this behavior or have a possible solution?
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Phone identifier not unique and wrong user logs on

Post by frank »

I think it is a default behavior. I'd check with the technical support for an official answer. And I'd appreciate if you could share it :) (the answer!)
Code Free Or Die
Turlupin

Post by Turlupin »

In the release note of the last version of the IDSP (11.1.27) :

IPDSP-200 Remove option "Use Same phone identifier"

May be you should try this release.
Sorry for my english .... :)
Jan Aeschlimann

Post by Jan Aeschlimann »

Problem is resolved with Release 11.2.5

IPDSP-268 As an administrator, I want to massively deploy IPDSP from a common Windows template, with no duplicate phone identifier

Return to “Ip Desktop Softphone”