IP Desktop Softphne "robotic" audio through Windows Remote Desktop

Marce11uy

IP Desktop Softphne "robotic" audio through Windows Remote Desktop

Post by Marce11uy »

Hi all,
We have an unusual configuration for Ip Desktop Softphone on this emergency for COVID-19.
We need to run the IPDSP on the Desktop PC in the same local network as the OXE, and connect to them remotely through Cisco VPN and Windows Remote Desktop.
The issue is that the ougoing audio from the IPDSP is "robotic", the incoming audio is fine ( of course that on site the audio is outogoing/incoming is fine)

We are running IPDSP rel 11.3.0 and also test the 11.4.0 ( the last one so far) and the problem is still present.
I know that is not a suported configuration but it's the only way we can do it for now, and would like to know if anyone has expererimented in this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
M
alexeik

Re: IP Desktop Softphne "robotic" audio through Windows Remote Desktop

Post by alexeik »

had the same with some sip Softphone over rdp. Try to safe the rdp file, open it with an editor and add the following line at the end

audioqualitymode:i:2
Marce11uy

Post by Marce11uy »

Many thanks Alexeik!

I will try and let you know the results.

With you data, I also found this solution:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... inserverTS

Thanks again.
Best regards,
M
Marce11uy

Post by Marce11uy »

The partial solution for this issue is to use the new Aplication Remote desktop for Windows 10 ( downloaded from Microsoft Store) instead the default running on the PC.
It's better audio.

Thanks
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

thanks for this, i tested it immediately. But i did not get to test my audio because i missed my second monitor!! After a little googleing multi monitor is NOT Supported... i cannot believe MS is producing a new rdp client without multi monitor support... For me i will not test any further...

Return to “Ip Desktop Softphone”