Assign a DDI to a phone

BCowman

Assign a DDI to a phone

Post by BCowman »

I'm a complete newbie to Alcatel and have inherited a system with little to no documentation.

I need to assign a DDI to a phone. Can someone give me direction on how to do this?

Is there any place where I can download documentation or computer based training?
dvid9976

Re: Assign a DDI to a phone

Post by dvid9976 »

the place to add a new DDI is the translator.

if you have a simple configuration, go down in hierachy in Translator-> External numbering plan-> Default DDI num. Translator -> Create and complete the fields as needed:

- DID num. transl. identifier : 0
- First External Number : Type here the portion of the number used to be routed to the extension

- First Internal Number : type here the Extension number where the DDI has to be pointed
- Range Size : 1 (default value is one, but you can create a range if you want to)
- Unique Internal Number + NO (leave as No)

I suggest to you that you review&modify all the entries in Translator 0, so you have a template to create the new one.

if the configuration that you do does not work, then you have to check:

- if DDI is managed in your trunk group
- How many digits are being analized by the translator.
- What translator is associated for your trunk group
BCowman

Post by BCowman »

Thanks that worked.

If there is no agent logged in to the station or the agent is not active I need the caller to receive a busy tone.
dvid9976

Post by dvid9976 »

where is te DDI pointing to?
to the agent or to the pro-acd extension?
BCowman

Post by BCowman »

The DDI is pointing to the agent.
hasn

Post by hasn »

hello i have Omni Visita 8770 on local server ... i have tried to create ddi but its not working.... the issue is when we ring external the call is coming from unknown number .. i need to solve this ... i can provide you support session via rdp or teamviwer,, im rellay want to fix that

Return to “4760”