8770 Disable purging

This application replaces the OmniVista 4760
morio

8770 Disable purging

Post by morio »

Hello guys,
In the accounting tab, restore option there is a note '' to prevent from losing data, disable account purging'' may i know how to disable it. because some how i got the 8770 server to keep all tickets upto 500 days. But my client wants it like forever, and never to deleted old reports or tickets.
So any idea on this?

Regards
Morio
alex

Re: 8770 Disable purging

Post by alex »

There is a good description on how it works in the 8770 documentation - check chapter 10.2.8 Database Maintenance in Administration manual.
Of course it depends on how many tickets are generated on your system and how powerfull is your 8770 server but tell your customer that if he keeps all tickets forever one day NMC DB would be very large for 8770 to work with. Also he should consider free HD space - you need a lot of empty space for maintenance tasks (such as defragmentation).
So the better decision seems to be to export all tickets to another DB on another server.
Actually purging of tickets is just a task in a daily job so you can disable it...but that not a solution it's a hack.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “OmniVista 8770”