OmniVista NMS Enterprise R4.5 R03 Installation Guide

markplaton

OmniVista NMS Enterprise R4.5 R03 Installation Guide

Post by markplaton »

To whom it may concern,

Good day to you!

I am seeking some support, advice and guidance for the installation of OmniVista NMS Enterprise R4.5 R03 to 2 Dell PowerEdge R470 Servers with Windows 2019 Server (Standard) Operating System.

I have two Physical Servers because the NMS Set-up requires High-Availability (HA) Installation.

My total number of AP (OAW-AP1361-RW) is 25 Nos. APs will be connected to the OS6465-P6. This Project is for Public Wi-Fi System.

My first question is: Does the latest version of OV 2500 R4.5 R03 does not support Deploying the Virtual Appliance in Virtual Box?
If it is not supported, should I use VMware ESXi or Hyper-V 2019?

PS. I have some knowledge in configuring Alcatel Switches but on this other Product of Alcatel-Lucent, I have zero knowledge. Please bear with my question and future questions on this topic.

Looking forward to your response and support.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Warm regards,

Mark
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: OmniVista NMS Enterprise R4.5 R03 Installation Guide

Post by silvio »

The installation guides and release notes will give you all your answers.
You can install OV2500 at ESX, hyperV and KVM. You are correct. virtual box is not supported anymore - I don't know why.
best regards
Silvio
markplaton

Post by markplaton »

Thanks, Silvio for your quick response.

Another questions:
If I will be using VMware ESXi to deploy the OV 2500 Virtual Appliance with the required High-Availability Installation which I mentioned in my original post, do I need to purchase a licence for the VMware ESXi 6.7?
Is there a free version of VMware ESXi 6.7 that will be suitable for the required setup?

If I will be using Hyper-V 2019, it is mentioned on the Installation Guide that "Note: OmniVista does not support Hyper-V Live Migration. Also note that the OmniVista VM Manager application is not supported on Hyper-V 2019".
May I know what is the OmniVista VM Manager application?

Looking forward to your responses.

Thank you so much!

Best regards

Mark
silvio

Post by silvio »

with vm-manager (extra license in OV) OV has the possibility to see the VM (on which server actual running). So this isn't usefull for you in the moment.
About your ESX question: from ALE site you do only need one "normal" OV-license and the HA-license. About ESX license you have to look at VMware.
regards
Silvio

Return to “OmniVista 2500 v4.x”