Huawei Access Points on Alcatel Switches 6250

haider6294

Huawei Access Points on Alcatel Switches 6250

Post by haider6294 »

I work in Serena Hotel.
Here we have a Core switch 9700 on which Huawei Access Controller is connected on Port 2/17.
Then we have 2 distribution layer switches 6850 connected on Core switch Port 1/1(Rawal switch) and 1/2 (Margalla switch)
On Rawal distribution switch(24 port) ,we have 19 Access layer switches
On Margalla Distribution switch(24 port),we have 33 Access switches out of which 20 are connected in daisy chain.
Huawei Access Points are connected on Access switches.
Now the problem we are having is that when we ping from Access Controller(AP) to Access Point (AP), we are facing packet losses,due to which the CAPWAP tunnel between AP and AC breaks and AP is unable to reach AC for that time and as a result internet of user gets disconnected.
As soon as connection is established again between AP and AC, capwap tunnel goes live again and internet gets connected.
My question is what could be the reason of these disconnections?
I have done a lot of troublehsooting uptil now and now i am tired of this issue. I dont know what to do. I have checked configuration on all layers,Core distribution and Access.
Question 1: What should be the threshold set for storm control on Access switches switchports?
Question 2:My core and distribution are running RSTP while access are running STP,could it be the reason somehow?
Any other suggestions or troubleshooting techniques?

Return to “OmniStack LS 6200”