Enable switch to use same port for data and VOICE VLAN on stacking VLAN Configuration

lsaa

Enable switch to use same port for data and VOICE VLAN on stacking VLAN Configuration

Post by lsaa »

Hi All,

I'm new on Alcatel switch.

I'm facing one issue with segmentation network with VLANs (Stacking VLANs). I had created several sVLANs (Stacking VLANS) for segmentation. I reserved SVLAN 30 for IP Phones and SVLAN 40 for PCs. Currently, I have just created the SVLAN no more configs added. The issue is: When I connect IP Phone on switch and PC on IP Phone, only one VLAN is recognised even with Two SVLAN assigned to port 1/8 on switch. The Switch or IP Phone does not distinguish the VLANs for voice and Data for PCs.

I ask the help for this challenge

Regards
lsaa
lsaa

Re: Enable switch to use same port for data and VOICE VLAN on stacking VLAN Configuration

Post by lsaa »

Adding more detail:

For svlan 30 I associate Service-name VOICE and SAP 3 (sap uni 1/8 ...etc)
For svlan 40 I associate Service-name DATA and SAP 4 (sap uni 1/8 ...etc)

Then, I connected Phone on 1/8 and PC on Phone, just one VLAN is recognised. If Phone assume svlan 40 just this is recognised on PC. If Phone assume svlan 30 just this is recognised on PC.

How can I resolve this.

Regards
lsaa
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Enable switch to use same port for data and VOICE VLAN on stacking VLAN Configuration

Post by silvio »

not sure why you use vlan stacking, but it is very unlikely that this is the correct way for your use case. Try it with normal vlan tagging (802.1q).
regards
Silvio

Return to “OmniSwitch 6400”