PCS does not work

zetor2000

PCS does not work

Post by zetor2000 »

Hi!

I have a site with PCS which does not work properly.
The PCS is a CS2 board. The software version is R100.1 n2.514-30, the same running in the call server.
I used netadmin -m to configure the PCS, it seems OK, there are hosts file entries, and i can use ping, telnet, ftp to or from the PCS. I set the date / time, there is an empty database, autostart is set, TEL is running - cpu is in MAIN mode (but i suppose it has to be Passeive Call Server : Passive mode)
I used 8770 tool to configure the Passive Call Server entries, and IP -> IP Domain entries, everything is OK.
From my PC, i can use ping, ftp, telnet to the call server and i can use the same for the PCS, as well. There is no firewall in the system, or it is transparent.

But pcscopy fails. It sais "PCS Database Update => End NOK: Restore on PCS Failed.'"
Incvisu sais: 0433 PCS [ip address] Database update error 6 info 10.

The incinfo does not help, it tells me that there were "warnings during the command".

I have the manual, configured via the manual, but this PCS (the CS2 board) is in MAIN mode - not PCS - active/passive mode. Checked everything more than twice.
Where is the problem?

Any ideas are welcome.
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: PCS does not work

Post by oldboy »

New PCS dont start the TEL once copy is completed it will start!
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
zetor2000

Post by zetor2000 »

I tried pcscopy several times. There was time, when the telephone was started, and there was time when telephone was not started.
The symptom is the same.
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

Stop the TEL create an Empty DB and try again
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
zetor2000

Post by zetor2000 »

I did it several times, nothing new happened.
sadim

Post by sadim »

Hi,
From the oxe do a copy of a database backup to the pcs using the following command
rcp /DHS3dyn/BACKUP/IMMED/mao swinst@pcs_ip_addr:/DHS3dyn/BACKUP/IMMED
Note: replace pcs_ip_addr with the ip address of the pcs

After coping the database, compare the file on the CS and on the PCS, to see if they are identicaly.
For that you can:
- use "ls" on CS and on PCS and compare their sizes
- use "md5sum /DHS3dyn/BACKUP/IMMED/mao" on CS and on PCS and check if the returned md5 are the same
zetor2000

Post by zetor2000 »

sadim wrote: 28 Mar 2023 09:55 Hi,
From the oxe do a copy of a database backup to the pcs using the following command
rcp /DHS3dyn/BACKUP/IMMED/mao swinst@pcs_ip_addr:/DHS3dyn/BACKUP/IMMED
Note: replace pcs_ip_addr with the ip address of the pcs

After coping the database, compare the file on the CS and on the PCS, to see if they are identicaly.
For that you can:
- use "ls" on CS and on PCS and compare their sizes
- use "md5sum /DHS3dyn/BACKUP/IMMED/mao" on CS and on PCS and check if the returned md5 are the same
Hi sadim,
thank you for your post!

I made a database backup (mao, accounting, traffic...) and do this rcp thing. After the copy was done, i made the md5sum check, and both files are the same. Or the md5 hash. So, the returned character strings are identical as in the OXE as in the PCS.
sadim

Post by sadim »

Hi,
Then I'm leaning that something is not correct at the configuration level

Return to “Passive Communication Server”