Reset ip Touch 4028

juliuss696

Reset ip Touch 4028

Post by juliuss696 »

Im doing some work for a local Hospice who have just moved from iptouch to using Microsoft Teams calling. I now have about 70 4028 phones to reset so they can be sold on ebay to generate some money. I need help and advice on how to do this.

So far I have been able to connect the phone to a Power over ethernet Switch and the phone fires up and tries to connect to a network. As the old network isnt there any more it comes up with a message something like No TFTP connection )I think). This is what would be expected I believe.

If I disconnect the cable and plug in again whilst holding the Information key (i) and at the same time holding the 12and 3 key the lights flash and when i release the system comes up with a message standalone/reset, This then changes to connected. I believe this is known as industrial mode?

I dont know if the phone is now reset or if I now need to take extra steps such as connect a PC?

I dont have access to any management software or the omnipex setup. This was all ripped out and is now standing unconnected.

I;m pc literate but not telecoms!

Can anyone offer a few polite suggestions on what to do with these phones?

Many thanks

Julian
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Reset ip Touch 4028

Post by vad »

Usually nothing to do with 4028. Phones just know (if not used DHCP) - IP parameters - adress, mask, GW and TFTP (PBX) address.
All infomation - user name, phone book etc. stored in PBX (not in the phone).
juliuss696

Re: Reset ip Touch 4028

Post by juliuss696 »

Many Thanks

j

Return to “ipTouch (40x8) issues and tricks”