OS9702 gateway failover configuration

ladf

OS9702 gateway failover configuration

Post by ladf »

hello,

I wanna know if there is a config that let me to failover between two gateways because adding two default gateway with different metric work on vlan basis, but i wonder if there is a solution that work on link basis and thus when a link going to the primary gateway goes down, the secondary gateway goes immediately to up state.
devnull
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: OS9702 gateway failover configuration

Post by devnull »

It may work if you have a router interface or a vlan towards the router that only has this port in it.. (which is more or less the same)

Also: a "link up" does not mean Gateway is reachable. afaik something like "ip sla" as in Cisco is not existent in Alcatel
silvio

Re: OS9702 gateway failover configuration

Post by silvio »

Maybe there is a way with BFW - but I have never tested it by myself: If in case of link down also your first gateway is not reachable, than you can use BFD Bidirectional Forwarding Detection in echo-only-mode. In the network. guide 6.4.5 is an example.
-> ip static-route 0.0.0.0/0 gateway 10.1.1.25 bfd-std status enable (for your first gateway). If you can test it than please post the result here. It will be very interesting for all of us.
thanks and regards
Silvio

Return to “OmniSwitch 9000 / 9000E”