4XX8EE Phones with Asterisk

cwsonline

4XX8EE Phones with Asterisk

Post by cwsonline »

I have been trying to get the 4XX8EE phones to work with Asterisk but I haven't been able to get to far with this. I may be over thinking this. I have been able to change the mode from NOE to SIP though the telnet session to the phone. At this point the phone repeatedly resets and I am unable to change any of the configuration through the phone. From what I have been able to find in the documentation it is looking for sipconfig.txt and/or sipconfig-macaddress.txt. I can't get the phone to register with an OXE or Asterisk. It just tells me that the config download has failed. Any guidance would be welcome. Thank you.
cwsonline

Post by cwsonline »

I am testing with a 4008 so I ftped the binaries (bin4008, datsip4018, and noesip4008) and sipconfig.txt into /tftpboot on Asterisk. I have a feeling I am in the general area of where I need to be but I am clearly missing something.
tincho.rn
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by tincho.rn »

IP Touch series 8 use propietary protocol. They support SIP two, but you need a least one binary download from Alcatel-Lucent PBX. Now 4008 and 4018 will arrive full SIP, you should ask for this phones with only SIP stack already working.

I believe ALU will have to send 4008/18 with NOE for thoose who use OXO and 4008/4018 with SIP for thoose witch have OXE and wants to buy SIP user licenses.

Regards.
cwsonline

Post by cwsonline »

I have enabled SIP on these phones and from what I have read including technical communications from ALU these should work with Asterisk so I was hoping someone who has done this might be able to give some direction. I have also let them download the latest binaries from the OXE. I think I just don't have the sipconfig managed properly or perhaps not in the right location on Asterisk.
Reinoud

Post by Reinoud »

Did you have any luck with this? I'm trying to do the same, but no luck... Had it working once... If you want I'l have a look at the sipconfig.txt. Did you check with wireshark the tftp download?
cwsonline

Post by cwsonline »

I have been working on some other things since then but I don't think I had tftp running so now it is either get that running or instead I was thinking of just moving the files then setting the phone to use http since I do know that is running on the Asterisk box.
Reinoud

Post by Reinoud »

Did you manage to get it to work?

I'm trying here, but no luck! Getting INVALID PARAMETERS!
Reinoud

Post by Reinoud »

I succeeded to get the phone to work! I activated the netlog option, and installed a syslog server. It seems that there were two parameters missing (one without value, and one completely missing). I added these parameters and it started to download and flash the phone. After that it came into service!
alspocky

Post by alspocky »

I have some 4018 and Asterisk, and I think you just saved my day!!!

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.
alspocky

Newbie trying to do the same...

Post by alspocky »

I'm trying to do the same here. I have eight Alcatel-Lucent 4018 VoIP and an Asterisk installed, but I have no idea how to start.

I'm trying to access the configuration files you are mentioning, but with no luck.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,

alspocky (fgalindo@escolessas.com)

Return to “Asterisk”