6400-24 console issue

afterfreeze

6400-24 console issue

Post by afterfreeze »

I'm having a unique console issue, I don't get anything off of the console ports of either of the two 6400's on my new companies network.

I've done self-research, Google, searched these forums, and others, and tried about 20 different solutions to no avail.

console info:

Putty
baud rate 9600
parity none
data bits (word size) 8
stop bits 1
X-ON/X-OFF (enabled/disabled, the same with every other option putty has for serial connections.)

The fun part is, I'll probably have to crack the password or use the password recovery feature after I can actually see anything in console.

I have not rebooted the switches and cannot until tomorrow (Saturday),

Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated, as I have to have the entire configs for both switches printed and ready for a security inspection, and I’m trying to get everything verified secured and/or mitigated before Friday of next week.

Respectfully,
Danny Thompson
devnull
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: 6400-24 console issue

Post by devnull »

Correct Setting is
9600/8/none/1
I have not set any DTR/DTS/RTS/XON/XOFF

Maybe you use the wrong cable?
You need an Alcatel Adapter and a normal Cat Cable, Cisco Adapters will not work.
afterfreeze

Post by afterfreeze »

Thanks a bunch! I've made it to the console, now I'll have to crack the passwords, so I'm not "blind" to my switches, Thanks Devnull!
devnull

Post by devnull »

you can always reset the password of the switch when you have console access (requires reboot)
luisolavarrieta

Post by luisolavarrieta »

hey guys, a couple of years later... do you have a link to buy the console cable? we are in a project with 18 omniswitch 6450 and no one knows the passwords and we need to configure some things on it.

please advice!!

Return to “OmniSwitch 6400”