TrapClient Lease has expired

CristinaSP

TrapClient Lease has expired

Post by CristinaSP »

Hi,

I have two omnivista 2500 clients (old version OV 4.1.2R03) in a live network.

One of them has stopped to receive alarms and the following error message appear “The TrapClient Lease has expired”. Meanwhile, the back-up omnivista client is still receiving notifications.

Could someone give me some tip or guidelines regarding my problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Cristina
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: TrapClient Lease has expired

Post by silvio »

Hi,
never heard this issue and no entry in the knowledgebase.
At the console as cliadmin: Have you tried to reboot the ov-server? Are all services (watchdog) are running.

Sometimes you find informations in the audits - but it will be difficult to solve the problem by yourself.

If the issue is still there than you can clean your omnivista (delete old notifications, old backups, image files etc.) and reboot again. You can open a ticket at alcatel.... but with this old release.... But maybe there is somebody knowing this issue or can help with a remote session.

regards
Silvio
CristinaSP

Post by CristinaSP »

Hello Silvio,

I have not yet tried to reboot the server. Before to do it, expose that I only have remote connection to the Omnivista and the server by VPN.
Do exist a big risk to lost the connection on the reboot?

Additionally to the error message “The TrapClient Lease has expired" I have detect a warning in the omnivista status: “OV Client Heap Memory usage crossed threshold”.
Note: can another causes, as Java updates needed or a CPU Memory treshold 100% on switches on network, being the cause of such error window and the consequence of stop the notifications?

Thanks so much in advance,
Cristina
Last edited by CristinaSP on 07 May 2020 05:18, edited 3 times in total.
silvio

Post by silvio »

In my opinion/expierences reboot will work without problems - but you should start it from the cliadmin console. For secure take a snapshot of the machine before the reboot. Also a down of the OV server makes no harm to your network. OV is "only" for monitoring and configuring the network. So your remote connection should not affected.
regards
Silvio
CristinaSP

Post by CristinaSP »

Hi Silvio,

I tried to perform a remote reboot to the OV Server but the following Error message appear:
"RemoteException ocurred in server thread: could not schedule server shutdown...com.alcatel.ov1.shared.RemoteResultException..."

any idea what can happen?
Thanks in advance,
BR,
Cristina
silvio

Post by silvio »

I do not know this issue....
But in my opinion you should not spent a lot of time to find out a solution with this very old installation. You can use your OV-Licence 4.x also for the newest release 4.5R1. I recommend to make a frish installation at a ESX or HyperV Server.
regards
Silvio
CristinaSP

Post by CristinaSP »

Hi Silvio,

Sorry for the delay in answer.

The problem on the working Omnivista in my network is that, as this is the last version that doesn't need a VM running (below my understanding), instead I was thinking in update the OV... currently, the installed server is neither able to support a VM and the prerequisites explained in the 4.5R1 release notes documentation for the upgrade, cannot be performed easily in the in-service network (and without maintenance windows to perform changes).

Regarding the restarts performed: with the objective to see if the error disappears and the OV starts to work again: I tried in remote the Server restart and was not possible (Explained before on this same loop). Additionally, the workstation where the OV is installed was restarted by an onsite technician, but the situation didn't change.

I am not sure if you can have any additional ideas to help in this troubleshooting to restart the OV Normal activity.
I'll appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!
Cristina
silvio

Post by silvio »

Hi Christina,
yes this where the last version direct on a microsoft server - since them you need a vm.
For finding out a solution for the old version you need to open a ticket at alcatel.
But like explained. Also without OV your network is running. Nothing in your network needs (normaly) OV. OV is in your release for monitoring, management, backups, Updates etc. So there will be no problem if you make a fresh installation of OV (as VM) with the newest release - with the same settings (IP, snmp). Yes - you need new hardware for this....
But in my opinion it is easier to do this step now - instead of searching long time for the issue. Maybe in half a year you have the next problem with the server.....
best regards
Silvio
CristinaSP

Post by CristinaSP »

Hi Silvio,

I write down your guidelines - Additionally, following the best practices, yes, SW shall always be upgraded to the last version and these for sure will avoid problems:)
I will post here if some updates are done. Thanks for your support

Cristina

Return to “OmniVista 2500/2700 v3.4 and older”