I deleted the only management IP in the switch

magnusthepagan

I deleted the only management IP in the switch

Post by magnusthepagan »

It was configured with the interface dhcp-client and I wanted to change the IP due to some issues I was having with IP overlapping. Due to it not working, I just deleted the interface, all from web management. Then I realized I screw it up and basically I have lost contact with it. If I go to my other switch (same model) in Adjacencies it appears with same name but with a random IP like 231.253....

What should I do now? Connect through console port? What steps should I follow to create a new interface with manual IP?

SSH to the reachable switch doesn't work:
Unable to negotiate with x.x.x.x port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-dss
jaygro

Re: I deleted the only management IP in the switch

Post by jaygro »

magnusthepagan wrote: 21 Oct 2021 14:01 It was configured with the interface dhcp-client and I wanted to change the IP due to some issues I was having with IP overlapping. Due to it not working, I just deleted the interface, all from web management. Then I realized I screw it up and basically I have lost contact with it. If I go to my other switch (same model) in Adjacencies it appears with same name but with a random IP like 231.253....

What should I do now? Connect through console port? What steps should I follow to create a new interface with manual IP?
If you can get to the device using console you can use something like

Code: Select all

ip interface "{{{management-vlan-description}}}" address {{{management-address}}} mask {{{netmask}}} vlan {{{vlan-number}}}
 ip managed-interface "{{{management-vlan-description}}}" application all
However, since SSH seems to be listening, that's probably not necessary.
magnusthepagan wrote: 21 Oct 2021 14:01 SSH to the reachable switch doesn't work:
Unable to negotiate with x.x.x.x port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-dss.
Try

Code: Select all

ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 -l admin x.x.x.x
I'm only used to Cisco yet here I am :-)

Return to “OmniSwitch 6850 / 6850E”