SWL Limit error ?

Perceval

SWL Limit error ?

Post by Perceval »

Hello everybody,
I have a OmniPCX Small Office I bought years ago to train myself on it, but I had no real time to do things with it. Now, I'll have to run it because of features I'll need (ring back tone mainly). Back in time, I bought it from England (I live in France). I updated the software for France, and upgraded to a later version (I don't remember, I think it was a R8, and I forced (I knew it was risky) to R10 (?) France), this leading to invalid SW licence (old WL version for both main key and CTI key). But it did work in restricted mode (that's all I need !), and the setup did work fine with my 4039 phone as operator. This was kinda buggy, I was on restricted mode BUT strangely the "expiration" dates were always incrementing by 1 month when I was running LoLa, but now it's stuck on 07/11/2018 (I probably didn't run it since 2018).
Today, when I try to connect the 4039 (port 02-001-01, which I was using with no problem), I'm just stuck on the boot (** 4039 V3.81.80 **) and I can't do anything else. The details of the phone does not update any info from the 4039 (software, bootloader...), nothing, just tells me it's Refused (SWL limit). that's strange, as there's no other phone connected or setup, but I guess it's related to my broken licence.
I'd like to setup my port 01-005-01 to the 4039 to test (it's the first available port after my trunks) but I can't change it to 4039 (UA access).
From outside, the PBX reacts fine when I switch the ring back tone messages. By the way, connecting a basic phone also won't work.

My licences allows 12 UA and 12 analogic phones.

Do you have any idea on how to bypass this ? The only goal is to get the 4039 operator to work, and 1 standard analogic phone (Gigaset DX800A). I guess going back to R8 is the best option... but I'm not sure I'll be able to do this.

Some info :
Omni PCX S (2G) with a PowerCPU, 1 AMIX484-1 LH and 1 MIX048 (allowed)
IBS 100/003.016
Sticker : man. date 2004/36, soft rel R300/19.1

Thanks a lot :)
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Konstantinos.E
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: SWL Limit error ?

Post by Konstantinos.E »

Hello,

You should downgrade to the correct release as your purchaced software key.
You will have always this problem if your key is wrong.
Check your latest working backup to find out the correct release. after make LOLA and make a restore.
Alca_holic
Perceval

Post by Perceval »

Hi, thanks for your answer ! As stated in an old thread, I used to have a bug that "permanently" resetted the key so I was in restricted mode but it did work, and not anymore... Nevermind, I knew what I was doing :D

BUT... I bought a new PowerCPU EE, very nice one with Rainbown Connect (I'm on R2.2/053.001), valid licence (12 universal licenses) and... I just have a same SWL error. I don't really care about that 4039, but I'd like to know why it's doing this. I had no time test anything else. By the way, I don't know what's different between their new "universal licences" against the older ones with UA/Z, etc.

Thanks ! I'll post a new thread about serial setup, since that's a different thing from here.
Konstantinos.E

Post by Konstantinos.E »

propably you have enabled all your physical ports and your licences are less?you need to put out of service logicaly the unwanted physhical accesses to make your 4039 to work . also an other thing... if is a new system you cant use older sets . Compatibilty level must be L101
Universal license are the same licenses for any type of user.UA/Z/IP
Alca_holic
Perceval

Post by Perceval »

Ah ! nice one Konstantinos, disabling all the useless ports did it ! ! I didn't know we could fit to the licence limits this way. Indeed, that's an old L chassis with 3 cards (the CPU, the AMIX I do need for two sockets, and another useless MIX card...). Works great by now, so I'll try now to solve my CLIP issue on the another thread.
Looks their Universal licences are cool, so you can get any type of device connected ? I did miss IP licences on my other PowerCPU, now I have 12 Universal ones I might have some fun with this... :)

Thanks a lot !!

Return to “Beginner's questions about the OmniPCX OFFICE”