Bell port in 4018

nowi_DUP

Re: Bell port in 4018

Post by nowi_DUP »

Hi,

I need an optical alert for the 4008. The phone is near an acting stage and there should be a LED or something flashing. The build in ones are to less. I found some electronic kits that can generate flashing light. They need input of 9-12V DC.

Question: Do I need this module (3GV28050AA) or can I directly connect the output ports of the 4008. What is this module doing? Amplifier?

I want to know before I start destroying my phone an hurting myself ;-)

Thx,

Nowi
murraya
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by murraya »

The bell output is too low in voltage so you would need an adaptor. If you are keen to try it you could replace the sounder in the circuit I posted with the light as long as the current will not exceed the transistor driver.
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
ahmadsmc

Post by ahmadsmc »

hello Rocco_DUP/all,

i have 4018 model with bell port in the back, am trying to connect external bell to my phone, what i want is that i want that if i didnt answer the call after 4 rings the bell start ringing.
is that possible ??
i called our phone system supplier and they told me this feature "bell" is not working, but i believe there is someway to make it work.

can you help please.

thank you
ahmad
murraya

Post by murraya »

hi, the bell port is activated when the phone rings so by using the port with the Alcatel adaptor the bell would ring as soon as the phone starts.
The only thing I can think of to do this is to source or design a delay circut to add onto the ring adaptor from alcatel.
another option maybe to use a sip based external bell for example http://store.algosolutions.com/product_ ... pQodu2EA0A
setup an associate to the sip extn (forward after 15sec) on the 4018 then have a set supervision key on the 4018 of the bell extn with "take supervision on off hook" so the user still just picks up the phone. Of course you could just use an analogue port to run a normal bell if possible at your location but I suggest to use a sip bell as your site maybe IP only due to the use of 4018 phone.
I have assumed that the system is OXE but if OXO then theroy is the same just configuration slightly different.
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data

Return to “IpTouch Phones XML Applications”